ABC launched its summer Thursday lineup last night with the official season premiere of Wipeout (2.3/8 in adults 18-49, down 12% from its Thursday premiere last summer), the debut of Mark Burnett’s new reality series Expedition Impossible (2.3/7), which held onto its Wipeout lead-in, and the second-season premiere of drama Rookie Blue (1.6/5, down 16% from its debut last summer, when the series ran in the Thursday 9 PM slot, directly following Wipeout.) Facing Wipeout and Expedition: Impossible, Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance (1.9/7) was down 14% week-to-week, with the NBA Draft coverage on cable also probably a factor. The only other original program last night was NBC’s Love Bites (0.8/2) at 10 PM, which was down 20%. ABC (2.1/6, 6.8 million total viewers) easily won the night in 18-49, while CBS’ all-rerun lineup (1.4/4, 7.4 million) still managed to finish first in total viewers.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ABC's 'Expedition: Impossible' OK In Debut, 'Rookie Blue' Slips
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive