ABC launched its summer Thursday lineup last night with the official season premiere of Wipeout (2.3/8 in adults 18-49, down 12% from its Thursday premiere last summer), the debut of Mark Burnett’s new reality series Expedition Impossible (2.3/7), which held onto its Wipeout lead-in, and the second-season premiere of drama Rookie Blue (1.6/5, down 16% from its debut last summer, when the series ran in the Thursday 9 PM slot, directly following Wipeout.) Facing Wipeout and Expedition: Impossible, Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance (1.9/7) was down 14% week-to-week, with the NBA Draft coverage on cable also probably a factor. The only other original program last night was NBC’s Love Bites (0.8/2) at 10 PM, which was down 20%. ABC (2.1/6, 6.8 million total viewers) easily won the night in 18-49, while CBS’ all-rerun lineup (1.4/4, 7.4 million) still managed to finish first in total viewers.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ABC's 'Expedition: Impossible' OK In Debut, 'Rookie Blue' Slips
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams