ABC launched its summer Thursday lineup last night with the official season premiere of Wipeout (2.3/8 in adults 18-49, down 12% from its Thursday premiere last summer), the debut of Mark Burnett’s new reality series Expedition Impossible (2.3/7), which held onto its Wipeout lead-in, and the second-season premiere of drama Rookie Blue (1.6/5, down 16% from its debut last summer, when the series ran in the Thursday 9 PM slot, directly following Wipeout.) Facing Wipeout and Expedition: Impossible, Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance (1.9/7) was down 14% week-to-week, with the NBA Draft coverage on cable also probably a factor. The only other original program last night was NBC’s Love Bites (0.8/2) at 10 PM, which was down 20%. ABC (2.1/6, 6.8 million total viewers) easily won the night in 18-49, while CBS’ all-rerun lineup (1.4/4, 7.4 million) still managed to finish first in total viewers.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ABC's 'Expedition: Impossible' OK In Debut, 'Rookie Blue' Slips
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem
- ‘SNL’ Vs Al Franken: Weekend Update Takes On A Former Writer