Friends say former World Wrestling Entertainment Films president Joel Simon died in his sleep this morning after a four-year battle with pancreatic cancer. In addition to The Condemned and The Marine, he produced See No Evil as vehicles for WWE superstars. Before starting WWE Films in 2002, Simon served as president of Quincy Jones Media Group and Quincy Jones/David Salzman Productions, overseeing all feature and television productions from the late 1990s through 2001. Prior to that, he was partnered for nearly a decade with producer Bill Todman Jr in Todman/Simon Productions, which had a first-look deal with Lorimar and Warner Bros Pictures, and whose feature releases included Married to the Mob and Hard to Kill. Simon’s additional production credits included Vacuums, X-Men and X2, Wild Wild West, Steel, The In-Laws, and Say It Loud: A Celebration of Black Music in America, a five-hour VH-1 original documentary mini-series. He went into films after starting a marketing company 20 years ago and eventually taking it global.
R.I.P. Joel Simon
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M But ‘Mechanic’ Puts Wrench Into China Perf; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ Advance – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency