GP Putnam came out of a seven-publisher auction with publication rights to The Chronicles of Egg, a new three-book series written by Geoff Rodkey. He’s the writer whose screen credits include Daddy Day Care, Daddy Day Camp and RV. Set in a fictional pirate-infested Caribbean island chain, the young-adult book series tells the story of a 13-year-old boy on the run from a wealthy and powerful villain trying to kill him for his connection to a hidden treasure. Egg has no idea what the connection is. Book deal was made by Josh Getzler and Jennifer Besser, and Rodkey’s repped by Gersh. He intends to write the screenplay adaptation, though screen rights haven’t been sold yet. The first title, Deadweather and Sunrise, will be published next summer.
Putnam Acquires 3-Book 'Chronicles Of Egg' By 'Daddy Day Care' Scribe Geoff Rodkey
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Around $65M In Five-Day Domestic Opening, Lowest In Series – Friday Night Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension