GP Putnam came out of a seven-publisher auction with publication rights to The Chronicles of Egg, a new three-book series written by Geoff Rodkey. He’s the writer whose screen credits include Daddy Day Care, Daddy Day Camp and RV. Set in a fictional pirate-infested Caribbean island chain, the young-adult book series tells the story of a 13-year-old boy on the run from a wealthy and powerful villain trying to kill him for his connection to a hidden treasure. Egg has no idea what the connection is. Book deal was made by Josh Getzler and Jennifer Besser, and Rodkey’s repped by Gersh. He intends to write the screenplay adaptation, though screen rights haven’t been sold yet. The first title, Deadweather and Sunrise, will be published next summer.
Putnam Acquires 3-Book 'Chronicles Of Egg' By 'Daddy Day Care' Scribe Geoff Rodkey
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Gets Pioneer Of The Year Award, Urges Diversity And Inclusion – CinemaCon
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon