Here’s a novel concept: NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products Group and Hyperion Books are teaming to publish Pawnee: The Greatest Town In America, a book “written” by Amy Poehler’s character Leslie Knope on the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation. Pawnee, Ind., is the setting for the series, which centers on Knope, a deputy director in the city’s Parks and Recreation Department. The book, penned by the series’ writing staff, will be published Oct. 4, a couple of weeks after the Primetime Emmy Awards are handed out; the series is expected to garner some Emmy attention when nominations are revealed July 14 (Poehler received an Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy nom in 2010). “The ever-expanding town of Pawnee has become its own character in our show, and we’re thrilled that we got to accelerate that expansion in one giant, goofy 240-page comedy book,” said Mike Schur, co-creator and executive producer of the series. “It’s a complete portrait of Everytown, USA, which every reader — whether a fan of the show or a newbie — can enjoy.”
'Parks And Recreation' Town Getting Book Treatment Via NBCUniversal & Hyperion
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'
- EMMYS: Mindy Kaling, Liev Schreiber, Kate Walsh & More Join Presenters List
- Damon Lindelof Pens 'Lost'-Themed Episode Of 'Phineas And Ferb'
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue