Thankfully, the 84th annual Academy Awards for film achievement in 2011 is not yet upon us. They’ll be held on Sunday, Feb. 26. But already Academy President Tom Sherak told me that he hopes to name the producers by August. That same month, Sherak will be up for re-election for his third and final term as President. Last year, on June 22, he named Bruce Cohen and Don Mischer to co-produce. But don’t look for that kind of early announcement this time. He did confirm he will be looking for a producing duo as has been the custom since 2008.
OSCAR: Sherak Won't Name Producing Duo This Month (Says More Like August)
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Awardsline News
- CNN, CBS, NPR, Local NBC Stations Among Final 11 Peabody Winners
- An Oscar Winner & A 72-Year-Old Neurologist-Turned-Filmmaker Combine For Festival’s Most Unique Movie…
- ‘Feud’: Charles And Diana Season 2 “Begins With Divorce Papers,” Says EP Ryan Murphy
- Kevin James On The Joys Of TV Over Film With ‘Kevin Can Wait’ – Emmys
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast Episode #1: Hammond & Patten On Emmy Kickoff & A Potential Writers Strike
- Tony Awards Announce 2017 Honors For Excellence