Thankfully, the 84th annual Academy Awards for film achievement in 2011 is not yet upon us. They’ll be held on Sunday, Feb. 26. But already Academy President Tom Sherak told me that he hopes to name the producers by August. That same month, Sherak will be up for re-election for his third and final term as President. Last year, on June 22, he named Bruce Cohen and Don Mischer to co-produce. But don’t look for that kind of early announcement this time. He did confirm he will be looking for a producing duo as has been the custom since 2008.
OSCAR: Sherak Won't Name Producing Duo This Month (Says More Like August)
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Awardsline News
- Oscars: Gal Gadot, Mark Hamill, Lin-Manuel Miranda Among Second Group Of Presenters
- ‘I, Tonya’, ‘The Shape Of Water’ Top Costume Designers Guild Awards — Complete Winners List
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- The Music Inside Guillermo del Toro’s Monster: Alexandre Desplat On His Score For ‘Shape Of Water’: Crew…
- Sound Designer Julian Slater On His “Lightning In A Bottle” Moment With Sound-Centric ‘Baby Driver’
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays