Open Road, the distribution company hatched earlier this year by theater chains AMC and Regal with Tom Ortenberg at the helm, has set its first release. Open Road set a September 23, 2011 date for Killer Elite, the Gary McKendry-directed action thriller that stars Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Robert De Niro. The fact-based thriller is about an ex-special ops agent (Statham) lured out of retirement to rescue his mentor (De Niro). To do it, he must lay waste to three assassins with a cunning leader (Owen). The film was financed by Omnilab Media and produced through its Australian production arm Ambience Entertainment. Inferno is selling it around the world.
Open Road Sets First Release With Fall Date On 'Killer Elite'
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Latest Film News
- ‘Violent Delights’ Rounds Out Cast With Wolf Fleetwood-Ross & More
- ‘Kim Possible’ Live Action Disney Channel Movie Adds Alyson Hannigan And More
- Harvey Weinstein Arraigned On Felony Sex Crime Charges, To Plead Not Guilty
- Harvey Weinstein Arrest Reactions From Hollywood, Accusers: “What Took You So Long?”
- Harvey Weinstein Officially Arrested, Charged With Rape After Turning Himself In
- China Film Bureau Names Wang Xiaohui As New Head Of Department