Open Road, the distribution company hatched earlier this year by theater chains AMC and Regal with Tom Ortenberg at the helm, has set its first release. Open Road set a September 23, 2011 date for Killer Elite, the Gary McKendry-directed action thriller that stars Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Robert De Niro. The fact-based thriller is about an ex-special ops agent (Statham) lured out of retirement to rescue his mentor (De Niro). To do it, he must lay waste to three assassins with a cunning leader (Owen). The film was financed by Omnilab Media and produced through its Australian production arm Ambience Entertainment. Inferno is selling it around the world.
Open Road Sets First Release With Fall Date On 'Killer Elite'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Alec Baldwin, Taylor Schilling, Jena Malone & Che ‘Rhymefest’ Smith Join Emilio Estevez-Directed ‘The Public…
- Harry Cohen To Receive Motion Picture Sound Editors’ Career Honor
- ‘Penguin Bloom’ Binds Naomi Watts, Reese Witherspoon & Bruna Papandrea
- Fox Lands Rory Haines & Sohrab Noshirvani Spec ‘The State’
- ‘The Wall’ Trailer: Doug Liman’s Thriller Puts Aaron Taylor-Johnson & John Cena In A Dire Position
- Amazon Studios Takes Flight With Hot Package ‘The Aeronauts’