Open Road Films, the recently launched theatrical distribution company from exhibitors AMC and Regal, has signed a multiyear agreement with Universal Studios Home Entertainment to handle all marketing, sales and distribution services for Blu-ray, DVD and digital platforms of Open Road’s titles. The first film to be covered in the deal is also Open Road’s first film: Killer Elite, the actioner starring Jason Statham, Robert De Niro and Clive Owen that will be released Sept. 23. The announcement of the home entertainment deal was made today by Open Road CEO Tom Ortenberg and USHE president Craig Kornblau.
Open Road Inks Home Entertainment Deal With Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- With ‘The Breadwinner’ & ‘First They Killed My Father’, Angelina Jolie Casts Light On Children In…
- David Rubin Named President, Physical Production At Global Road Entertainment
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Case: Sarah Jones’ Parents In Court To Try To Prevent Director Randall Miller’s Ask…
- ‘Black Panther’ Leaps Over $200M Offshore; Lands $462M WW Through Tuesday
- Laurie Metcalf On Her Oscar-Nominated ‘Lady Bird’, Returning To ‘Roseanne’ & How B’way Co-Star Glenda Jackson Is A “Monster”…
- Harvey Weinstein Wants Class Action Tossed; Cites Meryl Streep As Shield