EXCLUSIVE: Olivia Williams has emerged as the front runner to play Eleanor Roosevelt the Roger Michell-directed Hyde Park on the Hudson for Focus Features. She is in talks to join her Rushmore co-star Bill Murray, who plays Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and Laura Linney, who’ll play FDR’s distant cousin and mistress. The Richard Nelson-scripted film is about a visit by King George VI to Hyde Park, the upstate New York home of the Roosevelt family in 1939. While the stakes are high—momentum was building toward WWII—the trip also happened as FDR’s wife discovered his affair with his cousin. Williams, most recently seen onscreen in Hanna, is repped by ICM.
Olivia Williams Courted To Play Eleanor Roosevelt Role In 'Hyde Park On The Hudson'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism