LA Superior Court Judge Alan Goodman just issued a ruling in both Charlie Sheen vs. Warner Bros TV and Sheen vs. Two And A Half Men co-creator Chuck Lorre lawsuits: they will have to be settled in arbitration and won’t go to trial. The studio had argued that Sheen’s $100 million lawsuit over his firing from the hit CBS/WBTV comedy had to be handled through arbitration per the actor’s contract, and that Lorre’s own arbitration clause requires that part of the litigation to also go though a mediator. Sheen’s attorney Marty Singer had been demanding a public trial. “We’re very gratified by the court’s ruling enforcing the parties’ arbitration agreement,” WBTV said in a statement after the ruling. There’s no doubt the lawsuit would have been a circus since there already was a ruling to let a video camera team film in the Santa Monica Superior Courtroom. Team Sheen and the media wanted it, Team WB/Lorre didn’t. Charlie won that round. So now JAMS-appointed arbitrator Richard Neal will oversee the dispute. He can technically send the case back to Judge Goodman if he deems the arbitration clause unenforceable, but that is considered highly unlikely.
Judge Rules No Circus Trial For Charlie Sheen
What's Hot on Deadline
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Legal Guardian Backs Actress' Sexual Assault Claims, Calls Joel Kramer "Pedophile" - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘I Wanna Marry Harry’ Producer Zig Zag Productions Signs With ICM
- ‘The Good Place’s Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
- New York Film & TV Workers Protest During MLK Day With Rev. Al Sharpton & Top Empire State Pols
- ‘Girlfriends’ Phyllis Logan, Miranda Richardson Discuss Industry Ageism – Or Not – TCA
- Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams “Reprehensible Smokescreen” – Update
- How To Reach Young Millennials? The Studios & TV Networks Can Find 47M Of Them On Snapchat – TCA