LA Superior Court Judge Alan Goodman just issued a ruling in both Charlie Sheen vs. Warner Bros TV and Sheen vs. Two And A Half Men co-creator Chuck Lorre lawsuits: they will have to be settled in arbitration and won’t go to trial. The studio had argued that Sheen’s $100 million lawsuit over his firing from the hit CBS/WBTV comedy had to be handled through arbitration per the actor’s contract, and that Lorre’s own arbitration clause requires that part of the litigation to also go though a mediator. Sheen’s attorney Marty Singer had been demanding a public trial. “We’re very gratified by the court’s ruling enforcing the parties’ arbitration agreement,” WBTV said in a statement after the ruling. There’s no doubt the lawsuit would have been a circus since there already was a ruling to let a video camera team film in the Santa Monica Superior Courtroom. Team Sheen and the media wanted it, Team WB/Lorre didn’t. Charlie won that round. So now JAMS-appointed arbitrator Richard Neal will oversee the dispute. He can technically send the case back to Judge Goodman if he deems the arbitration clause unenforceable, but that is considered highly unlikely.
Judge Rules No Circus Trial For Charlie Sheen
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux…