The drama continues. After she was dropped from the U.S. X Factor and declined to return to the original British show, Cheryl Cole now may rejoin the Fox version. British papers and TMZ are reporting tonight that Cole has been asked to come back to the U.S. X Factor. Speculation is that if Cole turns down the offer, the producers of the Fox series would be off the hook for the $1.5 million the British singer was guaranteed for the gig. The latest twist in the saga may explain why Fox, Cowell or X Factor co-producer FremantleMedia never officially confirmed Cole’s exit. Cowell normally relishes controversy, but this is a bit too much even for him. With the Cole drama still ongoing, over the past couple of days he also has been forced to defend himself from accusation that the current season of Britain’s Got Talent has been rigged.
Never Mind: Cheryl Cole Asked To Return To Fox's 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- On-Location Filming In L.A. Fell 3.4% Last Year Despite Tax Credits
- Funny Or Die Sets New Round Of Layoffs
- ‘Mary Kills People’ Unveils Season 2 Trailer & Premiere Date
- Disney Gives $1,000 Cash Bonuses To 125,000 Employees
- ‘Gianni Versace’ Premiere Ratings OK, Off From ‘People vs. O.J.’ Record Highs
- Conan Offers Haitians Chance To Respond To Donald Trump’s “Sh*thole” Review