The drama continues. After she was dropped from the U.S. X Factor and declined to return to the original British show, Cheryl Cole now may rejoin the Fox version. British papers and TMZ are reporting tonight that Cole has been asked to come back to the U.S. X Factor. Speculation is that if Cole turns down the offer, the producers of the Fox series would be off the hook for the $1.5 million the British singer was guaranteed for the gig. The latest twist in the saga may explain why Fox, Cowell or X Factor co-producer FremantleMedia never officially confirmed Cole’s exit. Cowell normally relishes controversy, but this is a bit too much even for him. With the Cole drama still ongoing, over the past couple of days he also has been forced to defend himself from accusation that the current season of Britain’s Got Talent has been rigged.
Never Mind: Cheryl Cole Asked To Return To Fox's 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘South Park’ Season Of Serialization Ends With Donald Trump Surrogate Still In White House
- Madonna Twerks, Vamps, Pouts, Fashion-Critiques Through Carpool Karaoke With James Corden
- Stephen Colbert Torches Donald Trump’s National Security Adviser Pick, Pizzagate, Wikileaks
- ‘Hairspray Live!’ Integrates Ads And Audiences Into NBC’s Holiday Musical – Review
- Adrianne Tolsch Dead: Pivotal Stand-Up Comic, Wife Of ‘Letterman’ Writer Was 78
- Conan O’Brien Skirts Late-Night Political Minefield With Berlin Road Trip