The drama continues. After she was dropped from the U.S. X Factor and declined to return to the original British show, Cheryl Cole now may rejoin the Fox version. British papers and TMZ are reporting tonight that Cole has been asked to come back to the U.S. X Factor. Speculation is that if Cole turns down the offer, the producers of the Fox series would be off the hook for the $1.5 million the British singer was guaranteed for the gig. The latest twist in the saga may explain why Fox, Cowell or X Factor co-producer FremantleMedia never officially confirmed Cole’s exit. Cowell normally relishes controversy, but this is a bit too much even for him. With the Cole drama still ongoing, over the past couple of days he also has been forced to defend himself from accusation that the current season of Britain’s Got Talent has been rigged.
Never Mind: Cheryl Cole Asked To Return To Fox's 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest TV News
- ‘People V O.J. Simpson’ Writer D.V. DeVincentis Inks Overall Deal With FX Productions
- ‘The Simpsons’ Ratings Tick Up On Largely Miserable Premiere Sunday For Series
- Veep Joe Biden To Make First Visit To Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’ Three Days After First Debate
- ‘The Deep’: Ian Verdun Joins Freeform’s Mermaid Thriller Drama Pilot
- NBCU Intl Plants ‘Trees’; Options Sci-Fi Comics For Tom Hardy’s Hardy Son & Baker
- Gordon Ramsay’s New Company Names Chris Brogden As Chief Creative Officer