The drama continues. After she was dropped from the U.S. X Factor and declined to return to the original British show, Cheryl Cole now may rejoin the Fox version. British papers and TMZ are reporting tonight that Cole has been asked to come back to the U.S. X Factor. Speculation is that if Cole turns down the offer, the producers of the Fox series would be off the hook for the $1.5 million the British singer was guaranteed for the gig. The latest twist in the saga may explain why Fox, Cowell or X Factor co-producer FremantleMedia never officially confirmed Cole’s exit. Cowell normally relishes controversy, but this is a bit too much even for him. With the Cole drama still ongoing, over the past couple of days he also has been forced to defend himself from accusation that the current season of Britain’s Got Talent has been rigged.
Never Mind: Cheryl Cole Asked To Return To Fox's 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
The Force Is Strong With 'The Last Jedi' As Thursday Night Preview Looks To Rack Up $45M+ - Early Estimate
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
Latest TV News
- Martin Ransohoff Dies: Film And TV Producer For Many Hits Was 90
- Mario Batali Fired From ‘The Chew’ After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- ‘Olive Forever’ Pilot Not Going Forward At USA, To Be Shopped Elsewhere
- The Murdochs Would Become Disney’s Largest Individual Shareholders When Merger Clears
- Freeform Developing Thriller ‘The Kill Book’ From ‘Mysteries Of Laura’ Team
- Omarosa: Robin Roberts Declared “Black Woman Civil War” After ‘GMA’ Interview