The drama continues. After she was dropped from the U.S. X Factor and declined to return to the original British show, Cheryl Cole now may rejoin the Fox version. British papers and TMZ are reporting tonight that Cole has been asked to come back to the U.S. X Factor. Speculation is that if Cole turns down the offer, the producers of the Fox series would be off the hook for the $1.5 million the British singer was guaranteed for the gig. The latest twist in the saga may explain why Fox, Cowell or X Factor co-producer FremantleMedia never officially confirmed Cole’s exit. Cowell normally relishes controversy, but this is a bit too much even for him. With the Cole drama still ongoing, over the past couple of days he also has been forced to defend himself from accusation that the current season of Britain’s Got Talent has been rigged.
Never Mind: Cheryl Cole Asked To Return To Fox's 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
'I Love You, Daddy' Trailer: Louis C.K. Dark Comedy About Worried Dad Whose Teen Daughter Dates 60-Something Director
Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
Latest TV News
- Sara Blaedel’s Louise Rick Crime Novels In Works As TV Series At Bron Studios
- LisaGay Hamilton Joins Beau Willimon’s ‘The First’
- ‘Salvation’ Summer Drama Series Renewed For Season 2 By CBS
- Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
- Marsha Thomason Scrubs In For ‘The Good Doctor’; Bahram Khosraviani Joins ‘The Brave’
- Chelsea Handler’s Netflix Talk Show To End After 2 Seasons; Comedian Sets Documentary