The drama continues. After she was dropped from the U.S. X Factor and declined to return to the original British show, Cheryl Cole now may rejoin the Fox version. British papers and TMZ are reporting tonight that Cole has been asked to come back to the U.S. X Factor. Speculation is that if Cole turns down the offer, the producers of the Fox series would be off the hook for the $1.5 million the British singer was guaranteed for the gig. The latest twist in the saga may explain why Fox, Cowell or X Factor co-producer FremantleMedia never officially confirmed Cole’s exit. Cowell normally relishes controversy, but this is a bit too much even for him. With the Cole drama still ongoing, over the past couple of days he also has been forced to defend himself from accusation that the current season of Britain’s Got Talent has been rigged.
Never Mind: Cheryl Cole Asked To Return To Fox's 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans & Henry Cavill Suit Up For War Drama ‘Sand Castle’; Mark Gordon Co, Treehouse Producing
'Arrow' Inches Up In Return, 'Black-ish' Has Small Rebound As 'Code Black', 'Empire' & Everyone Else Slip In Ratings
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Paul Lieberstein Legal Dramedy
- Ernie Hudson Joins Epix Comedy Series ‘Graves’; Ari Graynor In Showtime’s ‘I’m Dying Up Here…
- ‘Jay Leno’s Garage’ Opens And 916K Watch On CNBC
- NBC Developing Dramedy Inspired By Former Texas Senator Wendy Davis
- Vin Scully To Miss Dodgers Postseason After Medical Procedure
- Trevor Noah First Week Hosting ‘The Daily Show’: 1.02M Viewers