The drama continues. After she was dropped from the U.S. X Factor and declined to return to the original British show, Cheryl Cole now may rejoin the Fox version. British papers and TMZ are reporting tonight that Cole has been asked to come back to the U.S. X Factor. Speculation is that if Cole turns down the offer, the producers of the Fox series would be off the hook for the $1.5 million the British singer was guaranteed for the gig. The latest twist in the saga may explain why Fox, Cowell or X Factor co-producer FremantleMedia never officially confirmed Cole’s exit. Cowell normally relishes controversy, but this is a bit too much even for him. With the Cole drama still ongoing, over the past couple of days he also has been forced to defend himself from accusation that the current season of Britain’s Got Talent has been rigged.
Never Mind: Cheryl Cole Asked To Return To Fox's 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27.5M Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK - Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Talks Oscars, Politics & What He’d Ask A Certain President-Elect
- Keegan-Michael Key On ‘Playing House’ & Voicing Presidential Anger – TCA
- Brian Grazer On Indie Imagine TV, ‘Legacy’ Timing & Why ‘24’ Movie Didn’t Happen
- Ovation TV Acquires ‘Versailles’ Season 2; ‘Taboo’ Sells To Multiple Territories – NATPE
- CBS Picks Up Dana Klein/Mark Feuerstein Comedy, Andy Weir NASA Drama To Pilot
- Team Trump Fires Back At Ex-‘Apprentice’ Contestant’s “Absurd” Lawsuit Over His Denial Of Her Sex Assault Claim…