The drama continues. After she was dropped from the U.S. X Factor and declined to return to the original British show, Cheryl Cole now may rejoin the Fox version. British papers and TMZ are reporting tonight that Cole has been asked to come back to the U.S. X Factor. Speculation is that if Cole turns down the offer, the producers of the Fox series would be off the hook for the $1.5 million the British singer was guaranteed for the gig. The latest twist in the saga may explain why Fox, Cowell or X Factor co-producer FremantleMedia never officially confirmed Cole’s exit. Cowell normally relishes controversy, but this is a bit too much even for him. With the Cole drama still ongoing, over the past couple of days he also has been forced to defend himself from accusation that the current season of Britain’s Got Talent has been rigged.
Never Mind: Cheryl Cole Asked To Return To Fox's 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
Latest TV News
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Dan Goor On Cancellation-Renewal Saga; Season Finale That Could Have Been A Series Finale
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Season Finale Says Farewell To Fox With Jake & Amy’s “Bomb” Wedding
- ‘Gentleman Jack’: First-Look At HBO & BBC One’s Suranne Jones-Fronted Period Drama
- America’s Mad About Harry & Meghan; Nearly 30M Watch Royal Wedding Live
- LeBron James-Led Rout By Cleveland Draws ESPN’s Second-Best NBA Eastern Conference Finals Game 3 Rating Ever
- Billboard Music Awards Reveals Non-Televised Award Winners