The drama continues. After she was dropped from the U.S. X Factor and declined to return to the original British show, Cheryl Cole now may rejoin the Fox version. British papers and TMZ are reporting tonight that Cole has been asked to come back to the U.S. X Factor. Speculation is that if Cole turns down the offer, the producers of the Fox series would be off the hook for the $1.5 million the British singer was guaranteed for the gig. The latest twist in the saga may explain why Fox, Cowell or X Factor co-producer FremantleMedia never officially confirmed Cole’s exit. Cowell normally relishes controversy, but this is a bit too much even for him. With the Cole drama still ongoing, over the past couple of days he also has been forced to defend himself from accusation that the current season of Britain’s Got Talent has been rigged.
Never Mind: Cheryl Cole Asked To Return To Fox's 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Gracenote Introduces New Products To Deepen Video, Music & Sports Searches
- AMC Networks Q4 Earnings Top Analyst Expectations After December Warning
- Acorn To Co-Produce BBC Drama ‘Love, Lies & Records’ Starring Ashley Jensen
- WGA Meeting Shows Guild On Strike Footing As Contract Talks Loom
- Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Get WaPo’s “Democracy Dies In Darkness” Message
- Kellyanne Conway Returns To TV, Says She Has Been Busy Looking At Houses And Being Mom