If you thought that Facebook might be gearing up to compete with Netflix, then think again. Netflix CEO Reed Hastings just joined Facebook’s board of directors. “Facebook is propelling a fundamental change in how people connect with each other and share all kinds of content,” Hastings says. He added that he wants to help Facebook “take advantage of all the opportunities ahead.” The Facebook board also includes CEO Mark Zuckerberg, investors Marc Andreessen, Jim Breyer, and Peter Thiel as well as the Washington Post’s Donald Graham. Hastings also sits on Microsoft’s board.
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings Friends Facebook Board Of Directors
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Details Massacres That Have Not Occurred Since Donald Trump Took Office
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?