If you thought that Facebook might be gearing up to compete with Netflix, then think again. Netflix CEO Reed Hastings just joined Facebook’s board of directors. “Facebook is propelling a fundamental change in how people connect with each other and share all kinds of content,” Hastings says. He added that he wants to help Facebook “take advantage of all the opportunities ahead.” The Facebook board also includes CEO Mark Zuckerberg, investors Marc Andreessen, Jim Breyer, and Peter Thiel as well as the Washington Post’s Donald Graham. Hastings also sits on Microsoft’s board.
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings Friends Facebook Board Of Directors
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation