On the heels of NBCUniversal signing a 10-year deal with the NHL this spring, NBCU has taken an equity stake in Guardian Media Entertainment, the partnership between comic book icon Stan Lee and NHL Enterprises. In exchange, NBCU will provide promotional support worth multi-millions of dollars for The Guardian Project, the Stan Lee superhero franchise featuring 30 superheroes representing each NHL club. GME, which started off with comic books, a novel and merchandise, is in early discussions for development of a television series. Long-term plans include the creation of films, games, a theme park presence and global extensions.
NBCU Takes Stake In Stan Lee and NHL's Superhero Franchise
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Ratings Rise On Another Encore Heavy Tuesday
- Judge Throws Out Racial Bias Suit Against Time Warmer, CNN & TBS
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Renewed For Season 3 By OWN As Ava DuVernay Inks First-Look Deal With Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo…
- Dan Rather: Donald Trump’s Boy Scout Jamboree Speech “Disgusting”
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Tells Boy Scouts Their Government Is Festering River Of Human Waste
- ‘Feud’ Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland’s Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX…