On the heels of NBCUniversal signing a 10-year deal with the NHL this spring, NBCU has taken an equity stake in Guardian Media Entertainment, the partnership between comic book icon Stan Lee and NHL Enterprises. In exchange, NBCU will provide promotional support worth multi-millions of dollars for The Guardian Project, the Stan Lee superhero franchise featuring 30 superheroes representing each NHL club. GME, which started off with comic books, a novel and merchandise, is in early discussions for development of a television series. Long-term plans include the creation of films, games, a theme park presence and global extensions.
NBCU Takes Stake In Stan Lee and NHL's Superhero Franchise
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History