On the heels of NBCUniversal signing a 10-year deal with the NHL this spring, NBCU has taken an equity stake in Guardian Media Entertainment, the partnership between comic book icon Stan Lee and NHL Enterprises. In exchange, NBCU will provide promotional support worth multi-millions of dollars for The Guardian Project, the Stan Lee superhero franchise featuring 30 superheroes representing each NHL club. GME, which started off with comic books, a novel and merchandise, is in early discussions for development of a television series. Long-term plans include the creation of films, games, a theme park presence and global extensions.
NBCU Takes Stake In Stan Lee and NHL's Superhero Franchise
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…