In the split of cable oversight between NBCUniversal mavens Bonnie Hammer and Lauren Zalaznick, NBCU’s longtime cable business affairs head Beth Roberts is going with Hammer with expanded responsibilities at Universal Cable Prods. Roberts has been named to the newly created position of COO of the cable studio as well as EVP, Business Affairs, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment and Cable Studios, reporting to the division’s chairman Hammer. In her previous role as EVP, Business Affairs, Cable Entertainment and UCP, Roberts oversaw the Business Affairs divisions of USA, Syfy, Bravo, Oxygen and UCP. Now she is dropping Bravo and Oxygen, which are under the purview of Zalaznick, and adding several new cable networks that Hammer took over after the Comcast-NBCU merger in addition to USA and Syfy, including E! Entertainment, G4, Sleuth, Chiller and Universal HD as well as E! production studios. UCP will continue to be headed by a four-person management team reporting to Hammer that includes Roberts; Mark Stern, Co-Head, Original Content; Jeff Wachtel, Co-Head, Original Content; and Jerry DiCanio, Head of Production.
NBCU Cable Business Affairs Veteran Beth Roberts Named Universal Cable Prods. COO
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest TV News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Set To Honor ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise
- Netflix Commissions Second German Production ‘Dogs Of Berlin’
- ‘The President Show’ Inaugurates New Term On Comedy Central
- James Corden Can’t Escape Kurt Russell In Funny ‘Late Late Show’ Bit
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine