NBC today took the rare step of responding to a tabloid story — a report in the New York Post that Celebrity Apprentice executive producers Mark Burnett and Donald Trump have a two-year deal with the network that will pay them $160 million, with star Trump pocketing some $65 million a year. “The financial information reported today in regards to The Celebrity Apprentice is grossly inaccurate and has been significantly overstated,” NBC said in a statement. “While it is our policy to keep financial information strictly confidential, neither the production costs of the show nor what Mr. Trump makes personally is in the realm of reality. Donald Trump and The Apprentice franchise remain a key part of the NBC primetime lineup and we are looking forward to another compelling cycle next season.” In May, NBC renewed Celebrity Apprentice for another season to launch in midseason. According to sources, there is no deal for another year after that. And the license fee the network will pay for the next cycle is about half of the $80 million a season listed. While still a potent performer, Celebrity Apprentice is no longer in the top tier of reality juggernauts like Dancing With the Stars, American Idol, The Bachelor, Survivor, and now The Voice.
NBC Calls Donald Trump 'Apprentice' Pay Report “Grossly Inaccurate”
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Netflix Gets Makeover With Property Original ‘Amazing On The Inside’
- Ioan Gruffudd’s Disney-Produced ‘Harrow’ Scores Second Season Ahead Of Debut
- Stephen King’s ‘The Bone Church’ To Be Developed For Series By Chris Long & David Ayer’s…
- Disney Channel Launching Toon Series ‘Amphibia’ & ‘The Owl House’, Renews ‘Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil’ For…
- Olympics Ratings Rise With Russian Skating Drama, Steady With Sochi 2014
- Abrams Artists Agency Expands Alternative Programming & Digital Department With New Hire