NBC today took the rare step of responding to a tabloid story — a report in the New York Post that Celebrity Apprentice executive producers Mark Burnett and Donald Trump have a two-year deal with the network that will pay them $160 million, with star Trump pocketing some $65 million a year. “The financial information reported today in regards to The Celebrity Apprentice is grossly inaccurate and has been significantly overstated,” NBC said in a statement. “While it is our policy to keep financial information strictly confidential, neither the production costs of the show nor what Mr. Trump makes personally is in the realm of reality. Donald Trump and The Apprentice franchise remain a key part of the NBC primetime lineup and we are looking forward to another compelling cycle next season.” In May, NBC renewed Celebrity Apprentice for another season to launch in midseason. According to sources, there is no deal for another year after that. And the license fee the network will pay for the next cycle is about half of the $80 million a season listed. While still a potent performer, Celebrity Apprentice is no longer in the top tier of reality juggernauts like Dancing With the Stars, American Idol, The Bachelor, Survivor, and now The Voice.
NBC Calls Donald Trump 'Apprentice' Pay Report “Grossly Inaccurate”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage