Every time there is a regime change at NBC, a canceled reality staple is brought back for another go. After Ben Silverman took over the network, he resurrected the then-recently yanked The Apprentice. Now, under new boss Bob Greenblatt, the network is going further back in the past to bring back to life one of NBC’s first reality hits: Fear Factor. The network has ordered a new season of the series, with Endemol USA back as producer and Matt Kunitz and David Hurwitz as executive producers. It is unclear if Joe Rogan will return as host. The show will feature pairs of teammates competing in a series of stunts. News of the Fear Factor revival leaked earlier today after reality TV-centered site RealityBlurred discovered that the show’s casting page has been relaunched with the announcement of Fear Factor’s return, its top prize of $50,000 and casting information. The series, known mostly for the gross-out nature of most of its stunts, became the first reality series of the current wave to show backend potential with syndication deals.
NBC Brings Back 'Fear Factor' Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Emmy Campaign Employs Gina Rodriguez’s Own Words
- Jon Cor Joins ‘Shadowhunters’ On ABC Family
- Keke Palmer Joins ‘Grease: Live’ On Fox
- Graham Moore-Marc Forster Outbreak Drama Gets 10-Episode NBC Series Order
- Evolution Media Ups Alex Baskin To Partner, Expands Creative Team
- ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Jonathan Tropper Inks Deal With HBO-Cinemax