Every time there is a regime change at NBC, a canceled reality staple is brought back for another go. After Ben Silverman took over the network, he resurrected the then-recently yanked The Apprentice. Now, under new boss Bob Greenblatt, the network is going further back in the past to bring back to life one of NBC’s first reality hits: Fear Factor. The network has ordered a new season of the series, with Endemol USA back as producer and Matt Kunitz and David Hurwitz as executive producers. It is unclear if Joe Rogan will return as host. The show will feature pairs of teammates competing in a series of stunts. News of the Fear Factor revival leaked earlier today after reality TV-centered site RealityBlurred discovered that the show’s casting page has been relaunched with the announcement of Fear Factor’s return, its top prize of $50,000 and casting information. The series, known mostly for the gross-out nature of most of its stunts, became the first reality series of the current wave to show backend potential with syndication deals.
NBC Brings Back 'Fear Factor' Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate