Every time there is a regime change at NBC, a canceled reality staple is brought back for another go. After Ben Silverman took over the network, he resurrected the then-recently yanked The Apprentice. Now, under new boss Bob Greenblatt, the network is going further back in the past to bring back to life one of NBC’s first reality hits: Fear Factor. The network has ordered a new season of the series, with Endemol USA back as producer and Matt Kunitz and David Hurwitz as executive producers. It is unclear if Joe Rogan will return as host. The show will feature pairs of teammates competing in a series of stunts. News of the Fear Factor revival leaked earlier today after reality TV-centered site RealityBlurred discovered that the show’s casting page has been relaunched with the announcement of Fear Factor’s return, its top prize of $50,000 and casting information. The series, known mostly for the gross-out nature of most of its stunts, became the first reality series of the current wave to show backend potential with syndication deals.
NBC Brings Back 'Fear Factor' Reality Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'