Last night’s MTV Movie Awards drew 4.5 million viewers on MTV, down a fraction from last year’s audience of 4.6 million. In MTV’s core demographic of persons 12-34, it posted a 3.9 rating, down 5% from last year’s 4.1 rating. Driven by Twilight, which dominated the awards show, the film’s core female teen audience tuned in in droves for a 8.3 rating, up 46% from last year’s 5.7 rating. On all 4 MTV networks that carried the Movie Awards, MTV, MTV2, VH1 and Logo, the awards show averaged 5.4 million viewers, down 7% from last year’s 5.8 million. For a second straight year, MTV used the Movie Awards as a launching pad for a new scripted series. Last year it was The Hard Times of RJ Berger, this year it was Teen Wolf. The series remake of the movie starring Michael J. Fox drew a so-so 2.2 million viewers and a 2.1 rating in persons 12-34. That was down from Hard Times‘ 2.6 million and a 2.6 12-34 rating last year. The big influx of female teens for the awards show carried over to Teen Wolf, which did a 5.6 rating in female teens, up 105% vs. the more male-skewing Hard Times. The real test for Teen Wolf will be tonight when the show premieres in its regular 10 PM slot. MTV opened the night with the season finale of Randy Jackson Presents America’s Best Dance Crew, which drew a 2.1 rating among 12-34, up 38% from last year’s Movie Awards lead-in.
MTV Movie Awards On Par With Last Year, Up In Teens, So-So Premiere For 'Teen Wolf'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Yvonne Strahovski: “Women's Rights Are Human Rights”…
- Erin Moran: “We Did Our Best”, Says Child Actor Advocate Paul Petersen
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her
- Bill O’Reilly Sets Podcast Return For Monday