Last night’s MTV Movie Awards drew 4.5 million viewers on MTV, down a fraction from last year’s audience of 4.6 million. In MTV’s core demographic of persons 12-34, it posted a 3.9 rating, down 5% from last year’s 4.1 rating. Driven by Twilight, which dominated the awards show, the film’s core female teen audience tuned in in droves for a 8.3 rating, up 46% from last year’s 5.7 rating. On all 4 MTV networks that carried the Movie Awards, MTV, MTV2, VH1 and Logo, the awards show averaged 5.4 million viewers, down 7% from last year’s 5.8 million. For a second straight year, MTV used the Movie Awards as a launching pad for a new scripted series. Last year it was The Hard Times of RJ Berger, this year it was Teen Wolf. The series remake of the movie starring Michael J. Fox drew a so-so 2.2 million viewers and a 2.1 rating in persons 12-34. That was down from Hard Times‘ 2.6 million and a 2.6 12-34 rating last year. The big influx of female teens for the awards show carried over to Teen Wolf, which did a 5.6 rating in female teens, up 105% vs. the more male-skewing Hard Times. The real test for Teen Wolf will be tonight when the show premieres in its regular 10 PM slot. MTV opened the night with the season finale of Randy Jackson Presents America’s Best Dance Crew, which drew a 2.1 rating among 12-34, up 38% from last year’s Movie Awards lead-in.
MTV Movie Awards On Par With Last Year, Up In Teens, So-So Premiere For 'Teen Wolf'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”