Lifetime’s new scripted series The Protector was off to a soft start, drawing 1.9 million viewers for its premiere on Sunday, holding onto 50% of its Army Wives lead-in. For comparison, the network’s recent drama series Drop Dead Diva and Army Wives launched with 2.8 million and 3.4 million viewers. For the 2 premiere night airings, The Protector averaged a combined 2.7 million viewers. MTV’s new series Teen Wolf rebounded in its third outing last night, up 23% from its Monday time-slot premiere last week among persons 12-34 with a 1.6 rating. The show was also up double digits in total viewers to 1.8 million. That is still lower than the series’ premiere after the MTV Movie Awards, which drew 2.2 million viewers and a 2.1 rating in persons 12-34. After breaking ABC Family premiere records last week, new drama Switched At Birth was up is most key demos last night, including by 20% in adults 18-34 (1.2 million vs. 1.0 million) and by 13% in viewers 12-34 (1.8 million vs. 1.6 million). In total viewers, the drama was slightly down from the premiere (2.9 million vs. 3.4 million). Disney XD’s new series Kickin’ It launched as the network’s most-watched series premiere in its history (including predecessor Toon Disney) with 873,000 viewers. Once again, History’s Pawn Stars towered over the Monday cable competition with 7.4 million viewers.
More Cable Ratings: 'Protector' Starts Low, 'Switched At Birth' & 'Teen Wolf' Rise
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
'Angry Birds' Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, 'Sorority' Rushes $21.7M, 'Nice Guys' Finish Last With $11.2M - Final B.O.
Latest TV News
- 'The Man In The High Castle' EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
- Vice Media Ups Ciel Hunter To Head Of Content; Fusion Promotes Three Content Execs
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Man In The High Castle’ EPs Talk How Amazon Alt-History Series Reflects “Our World”…
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Bryan Cranston & Anthony Mackie Talk LBJ, MLK Jr & HBO’s ‘All The Way…
- Comedy Writer Niki Schwartz-Wright Inks 20th TV Overall Deal, Joins ‘Speechless’
- ‘Young & Hungry’ Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other Details Revealed