Millennium Entertainment has acquired U.S rights to Puncture, a legal drama starring Chris Evans, and is planning a fall 2011 theatrical release. In the based-on-fact film, directed by Adam and Mark Kassen, Evans plays a drug-addicted lawyer who takes on a powerful medical-supply corporation by representing a renegade safety-needle inventor, exposing corruption and kickback schemes in the health care industry. Millennium director of acquisitions Vincent Scordino made the deal along with CAA, which packaged the project. The company in Cannes acquired Elgin James’ Little Birds, also planned for a fall release.
Millennium Nabs U.S. Rights To 'Puncture'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'