Millennium Entertainment has acquired U.S rights to Puncture, a legal drama starring Chris Evans, and is planning a fall 2011 theatrical release. In the based-on-fact film, directed by Adam and Mark Kassen, Evans plays a drug-addicted lawyer who takes on a powerful medical-supply corporation by representing a renegade safety-needle inventor, exposing corruption and kickback schemes in the health care industry. Millennium director of acquisitions Vincent Scordino made the deal along with CAA, which packaged the project. The company in Cannes acquired Elgin James’ Little Birds, also planned for a fall release.
Millennium Nabs U.S. Rights To 'Puncture'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Wernick & Reese Uncap Pic On Disastrous New Coke Launch
- Peter Hoffman “Stunned” By Guilty Verdict In Louisiana Tax Fraud Trial – Updated
- New Line Acquires Rolling Stone True Crime Saga ‘Dukes Of Oxy'; Michael De Luca, Ansel Elgort Attached
- Hailee Steinfeld To Star In ‘Break My Heart 1,000 Times’
- Hilary Swank & Tom Wilkinson To Topline Holocaust Drama ‘Denial’ – Film Briefs
- Famke Janssen Signs With ICM Partners