EXCLUSIVE: Phil Claydon has been hired by Mandate Pictures to direct Miserable Excuse For A Hero, the D.V. De Vincentis-scripted adaptation of Bob Powers’ comic novel You Are A Miserable Excuse For A Hero. In the book, a 30-year-old part-time actor/full-time waiter goes on a date with a girl he kind of likes. The next day, he’s awakened by a phone call from kidnappers who tell him they have his girlfriend, and will kill her if he doesn’t come up with $50,000 in ransom. Considering he barely knows the girl, he’s conflicted. Mark Gordon and Jennifer Todd are producing. Claydon directed Lesbian Vampire Killers and is working on Dan Mintner: Badass For Hire.
Mandate Hires Phil Claydon To Direct 'Miserable Excuse For A Hero'
What's Hot on Deadline
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
Latest Film News
- Fox Taps Superhero Tale ‘Irredeemable’; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
- Emmy Winner Bradley Whitford Inks With ICM Partners
- Russell Crowe To Star, James Franco To Direct Cormac McCarthy’s ‘Blood Meridian’- Cannes
- Broad Green Seals Matt Alvarez As President Of Production
- Teyonah Parris In Talks To Star In ‘Buffalo Soldier Girl’ For Filmmaker Christine Swanson
- Idris Elba's Green Door Pictures Hires Ana Garanito As Head of Development