EXCLUSIVE: Phil Claydon has been hired by Mandate Pictures to direct Miserable Excuse For A Hero, the D.V. De Vincentis-scripted adaptation of Bob Powers’ comic novel You Are A Miserable Excuse For A Hero. In the book, a 30-year-old part-time actor/full-time waiter goes on a date with a girl he kind of likes. The next day, he’s awakened by a phone call from kidnappers who tell him they have his girlfriend, and will kill her if he doesn’t come up with $50,000 in ransom. Considering he barely knows the girl, he’s conflicted. Mark Gordon and Jennifer Todd are producing. Claydon directed Lesbian Vampire Killers and is working on Dan Mintner: Badass For Hire.
Mandate Hires Phil Claydon To Direct 'Miserable Excuse For A Hero'
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest Film News
- Ava DuVerney’s ARRAY Snags L.A. Film Fest Debuting ‘The House On Coco Road’
- Chloe Zhao’s ‘The Rider’ Lassos Top Directors’ Fortnight Prize – Cannes
- Croisette Queen Nicole Kidman On Coming To The Fest With Four Films & The Runaway Success Of ‘Big Little Lies…
- Brexit Raises Specter Of Disruption In Entertainment — Deadline Disruptors
- ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Trailer: Ryan Reynolds Has Samuel L. Jackson’s Back, Reluctantly
- Manchester Attack Updates: Netflix Cancels London Screenings; Kiss & WWE Cancel Manchester Arena Gigs