EXCLUSIVE: Phil Claydon has been hired by Mandate Pictures to direct Miserable Excuse For A Hero, the D.V. De Vincentis-scripted adaptation of Bob Powers’ comic novel You Are A Miserable Excuse For A Hero. In the book, a 30-year-old part-time actor/full-time waiter goes on a date with a girl he kind of likes. The next day, he’s awakened by a phone call from kidnappers who tell him they have his girlfriend, and will kill her if he doesn’t come up with $50,000 in ransom. Considering he barely knows the girl, he’s conflicted. Mark Gordon and Jennifer Todd are producing. Claydon directed Lesbian Vampire Killers and is working on Dan Mintner: Badass For Hire.
Mandate Hires Phil Claydon To Direct 'Miserable Excuse For A Hero'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- AT&T Hello Lab Launches Mentorship Program With Big Names
- Russell Brand To Speak At Edinburgh TV Fest; Discovery & Atari Launch New Game Show – Global Briefs
- Hollywood Auditing China Box Office In First Look At Middle Kingdom Books
- Josh Duhamel To Make Directing Debut On WWE Studios’ ‘The Buddy Games’
- ‘Fahrenheit 451’: Laura Harrier Cast As Millie In HBO Movie
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Review: All Hail Caesar In Summer’s Crown Jewel Blockbuster