EXCLUSIVE: Phil Claydon has been hired by Mandate Pictures to direct Miserable Excuse For A Hero, the D.V. De Vincentis-scripted adaptation of Bob Powers’ comic novel You Are A Miserable Excuse For A Hero. In the book, a 30-year-old part-time actor/full-time waiter goes on a date with a girl he kind of likes. The next day, he’s awakened by a phone call from kidnappers who tell him they have his girlfriend, and will kill her if he doesn’t come up with $50,000 in ransom. Considering he barely knows the girl, he’s conflicted. Mark Gordon and Jennifer Todd are producing. Claydon directed Lesbian Vampire Killers and is working on Dan Mintner: Badass For Hire.
Mandate Hires Phil Claydon To Direct 'Miserable Excuse For A Hero'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
It Will Soon Be Illegal For Studios To Verify Salary Quotes: Hollywood Dealmakers Brace For California Labor Code 432.3
Latest Film News
- ‘Big Sick’s Michael Showalter & ‘Godless’ Scott Frank Among Advisors For Sundance Screenwriters Lab
- WME Bolsters Comedy Touring, Nabs Seven APAers After Mike Berkowitz Jump
- Women In Hollywood: Dee Rees Stripped Mary J. Blige Emotionally Bare For ‘Mudbound’
- Bold Films Lays Off About 50% Of Its Staff
- Netflix Named PETA’s 2017 Company Of Year
- Kevin Hart, Will Packer Team For Action Comedy ‘On The Run’ In Universal Pitch Deal