Liam Hemsworth, star of The Hunger Games and The Last Song, is in negotiations to play one of the lead roles in the Vietnam-era romantic drama indie based on a true story, AWOL. Also in negotiations to star alongside Hemsworth are Austin Stowell, Teresa Palmer, Aimee Teegarden, Chris Lowell and Max Adler. The film, which explores the anti-Vietnam War movement at the University of Michigan, is slated to shoot there this summer with helmer Danny Mooney, who will make his directorial debut. The script is written by Jim Burnstein & Garrett K. Schiff, who will also executive produce with Peter Pastorelli and Eddie Rubin. Chip Diggins (Route One Films) will produce with Patrick Olson. Hemsworth is repped by ROAR management and WME.
Liam Hemsworth Looks About To Go 'AWOL'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest Film News
- Why Did Comcast Buy DreamWorks Animation? Because It Can
- Sarah Snook In Talks For Lionsgate’s ‘The Glass Castle’ Opposite Brie Larson
- Alicia Vikander Cast As Lara Croft In ‘Tomb Raider’
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Trailer: Alicia Vikander, Dane DeHaan, Forbidden Love & The Booming Tulip-Bulb Market
- Peter Bart: Tech Titans Aim To Disrupt Ad Biz Right Before Our Eyes
- Bleiberg Joins BB Film To Produce Nate Parker Script ‘Predilection’ – Cannes