Liam Hemsworth, star of The Hunger Games and The Last Song, is in negotiations to play one of the lead roles in the Vietnam-era romantic drama indie based on a true story, AWOL. Also in negotiations to star alongside Hemsworth are Austin Stowell, Teresa Palmer, Aimee Teegarden, Chris Lowell and Max Adler. The film, which explores the anti-Vietnam War movement at the University of Michigan, is slated to shoot there this summer with helmer Danny Mooney, who will make his directorial debut. The script is written by Jim Burnstein & Garrett K. Schiff, who will also executive produce with Peter Pastorelli and Eddie Rubin. Chip Diggins (Route One Films) will produce with Patrick Olson. Hemsworth is repped by ROAR management and WME.
Liam Hemsworth Looks About To Go 'AWOL'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- 24th amFAR Cannes Gala Raises $20 Million As Harvey Weinstein Vows To Bring Silicon Valley To The Fight Against Aids
- STXfilms Buys Amy Schumer Pic ‘I Feel Pretty’: Cannes
- M. Night Shyamalan On Rediscovering His Groove With Micro-Budget Blockbusters — Deadline Disruptors
- Universal Wins ‘Salt To The Sea’ Auction: Neustadter & Weber To Write
- Peter Bart: Studios Bust Budgets Of Horror Genre, Hoping Monsters Will Be Monster Hits
- Disney’s Bob Iger On ‘Pirates’ Ransom Demand: “To Our Knowledge We Were Not Hacked”