Liam Hemsworth, star of The Hunger Games and The Last Song, is in negotiations to play one of the lead roles in the Vietnam-era romantic drama indie based on a true story, AWOL. Also in negotiations to star alongside Hemsworth are Austin Stowell, Teresa Palmer, Aimee Teegarden, Chris Lowell and Max Adler. The film, which explores the anti-Vietnam War movement at the University of Michigan, is slated to shoot there this summer with helmer Danny Mooney, who will make his directorial debut. The script is written by Jim Burnstein & Garrett K. Schiff, who will also executive produce with Peter Pastorelli and Eddie Rubin. Chip Diggins (Route One Films) will produce with Patrick Olson. Hemsworth is repped by ROAR management and WME.
Liam Hemsworth Looks About To Go 'AWOL'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
'The Boys': Antony Starr, Chace Crawford, Dominique McElligott & Jessie Usher Cast In Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Stock Pops After Report Of Active Merger Talks
- ‘Science Fair’ Trailer: Brilliant & Quirky Teens Face-Off In Sundance Docu
- Passage Pictures Sets ‘My Eyes’ Series From Hot Israeli Duo Amir & Savyon; Will Also Remake Smash Feature ‘Maktub…
- Sundance Buyers & Sellers Try To Find Optimism In Changing Market: Hot Sundance Titles
- Berlinale Forum Lines Up Hong Sang-Soo, Josephine Decker & More
- Online Movie Service Mubi Receives Backing From India’s Times Bridge