Liam Hemsworth, star of The Hunger Games and The Last Song, is in negotiations to play one of the lead roles in the Vietnam-era romantic drama indie based on a true story, AWOL. Also in negotiations to star alongside Hemsworth are Austin Stowell, Teresa Palmer, Aimee Teegarden, Chris Lowell and Max Adler. The film, which explores the anti-Vietnam War movement at the University of Michigan, is slated to shoot there this summer with helmer Danny Mooney, who will make his directorial debut. The script is written by Jim Burnstein & Garrett K. Schiff, who will also executive produce with Peter Pastorelli and Eddie Rubin. Chip Diggins (Route One Films) will produce with Patrick Olson. Hemsworth is repped by ROAR management and WME.
Liam Hemsworth Looks About To Go 'AWOL'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest Film News
- IDA Grants $850G To 11 Documentaries; ‘Blue Wall’, ‘Hazing’ Among Picks
- ‘Hangman’ Trailer: Al Pacino Plays Deadly Game With Serial Killer
- Tribeca’s Through Her Lens Selects ‘Suicide By Sunlight’ For Funding
- China Box Office Poised To Hit $8.31B In 2017, Regulator Forecasts
- Lupita Nyong’o Speaks Out On Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassments In NY Times Op-ed
- Sophie Okonedo, Brian Gleeson & Alistair Petrie Join New ‘Hellboy’ Movie