Liam Hemsworth, star of The Hunger Games and The Last Song, is in negotiations to play one of the lead roles in the Vietnam-era romantic drama indie based on a true story, AWOL. Also in negotiations to star alongside Hemsworth are Austin Stowell, Teresa Palmer, Aimee Teegarden, Chris Lowell and Max Adler. The film, which explores the anti-Vietnam War movement at the University of Michigan, is slated to shoot there this summer with helmer Danny Mooney, who will make his directorial debut. The script is written by Jim Burnstein & Garrett K. Schiff, who will also executive produce with Peter Pastorelli and Eddie Rubin. Chip Diggins (Route One Films) will produce with Patrick Olson. Hemsworth is repped by ROAR management and WME.
Liam Hemsworth Looks About To Go 'AWOL'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Latest Film News
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?
- ‘LBJ’ Trailer: Woody Harrelson As 36th President In Rob Reiner’s Next Film
- Fox & 21 Laps Land John Kamps Novel ‘The Prince’s Guard’
- Pablo Schreiber Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’
- ‘Brigsby Bear’s 3311 Productions Sets Two Movies