Liam Hemsworth, star of The Hunger Games and The Last Song, is in negotiations to play one of the lead roles in the Vietnam-era romantic drama indie based on a true story, AWOL. Also in negotiations to star alongside Hemsworth are Austin Stowell, Teresa Palmer, Aimee Teegarden, Chris Lowell and Max Adler. The film, which explores the anti-Vietnam War movement at the University of Michigan, is slated to shoot there this summer with helmer Danny Mooney, who will make his directorial debut. The script is written by Jim Burnstein & Garrett K. Schiff, who will also executive produce with Peter Pastorelli and Eddie Rubin. Chip Diggins (Route One Films) will produce with Patrick Olson. Hemsworth is repped by ROAR management and WME.
Liam Hemsworth Looks About To Go 'AWOL'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘A Quiet Passion’ Clip: Emily Dickinson Makes A Friend In Terence Davies’ Bio – Berlin
- First Look: ‘Catfight’ Gets Bloody As Sandra Oh And Anne Heche Take Off The Gloves – Berlin
- Ryan Coogler Named First Warner Bros Creative Talent Ambassador
- Meryl Streep On Berlin Jury Duty: “It’s Nice To Be The Boss”
- Ambi Group And Barajoun Entertainment Ink Multi-Year, Multi-Picture Joint Venture- Berlin
- Shout! Factory Abuzz With ‘Maya The Bee’ Franchise In Multi-Picture Deal – Berlin