Liam Hemsworth, star of The Hunger Games and The Last Song, is in negotiations to play one of the lead roles in the Vietnam-era romantic drama indie based on a true story, AWOL. Also in negotiations to star alongside Hemsworth are Austin Stowell, Teresa Palmer, Aimee Teegarden, Chris Lowell and Max Adler. The film, which explores the anti-Vietnam War movement at the University of Michigan, is slated to shoot there this summer with helmer Danny Mooney, who will make his directorial debut. The script is written by Jim Burnstein & Garrett K. Schiff, who will also executive produce with Peter Pastorelli and Eddie Rubin. Chip Diggins (Route One Films) will produce with Patrick Olson. Hemsworth is repped by ROAR management and WME.
Liam Hemsworth Looks About To Go 'AWOL'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Dog Supplier & Handler Issues Statement As Tracking For Film Stalls; PETA Responds - Update
Latest Film News
- How Jack Black Transformed Into ‘The Polka King’ – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Acquires Sundance Closer ‘The Incredible Jessica James’
- Civil Rights Leader Dolores Huerta On New Doc ‘Dolores’: “It's Really The Story Of A Movement”…
- Universal/Blumhouse’s Jordan Peele Horror Film ‘Get Out’ Is Sundance’s Secret Screening
- Can Sundance Love Save Sitcom ‘Downward Dog’ From Summer
- ‘Every Which Way But Loose’ Remake On Way; Anthony G. Cohen Tapped To Helm