Liam Hemsworth, star of The Hunger Games and The Last Song, is in negotiations to play one of the lead roles in the Vietnam-era romantic drama indie based on a true story, AWOL. Also in negotiations to star alongside Hemsworth are Austin Stowell, Teresa Palmer, Aimee Teegarden, Chris Lowell and Max Adler. The film, which explores the anti-Vietnam War movement at the University of Michigan, is slated to shoot there this summer with helmer Danny Mooney, who will make his directorial debut. The script is written by Jim Burnstein & Garrett K. Schiff, who will also executive produce with Peter Pastorelli and Eddie Rubin. Chip Diggins (Route One Films) will produce with Patrick Olson. Hemsworth is repped by ROAR management and WME.
Liam Hemsworth Looks About To Go 'AWOL'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- David DiGilio To Script ‘The Stars My Destination’ Based On Sci-Fi Classic
- Secret Meeting Of Industry Leaders Proposes 4-Point Program To Battle Gender Bias
- Deadline’s The Contenders: The Real Story Behind ‘Black Mass’, Johnny Depp’s Casting & Why Whitey Bulger May Never See…
- Helen Mirren Circles Will Smith Comedy ‘Collateral Beauty’
- Matthew Aldrich To Adapt ‘Opening Belle’ Pic For Reese Witherspoon & Warner Bros
- Oprah Winfrey Memoir Auction Hits 8-Figures; Flatiron Books Leads Pack