EXCLUSIVE: I hear Clint Eastwood is using his time with Leonardo DiCaprio on the J Edgar Hoover biopic to discuss the director’s new Warner Bros project A Star Is Born. Clint is hoping to team Leo with Beyoncé, who’s already set for the musical. Clint is producing through Malpaso as well as helming the script by Will Fetters. Producers are Billy Gerber and Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters (who made the infamous version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson). The project has been at WB for several years, and there’d been talk of pairing Beyoncé and Will Smith. But casting Leo as the male lead would make for a much more interesting movie. There have been a trio of A Star Is Born versions made since the 1930s, the last one coming in 1976 with Kristofferson playing the boozer and Streisand the wannabe. Or even #4 if you consider What Price Hollywood (1932) made by George Cukor, which is often forgotten.
DiCaprio With Beyoncé In 'A Star Is Born'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Rooney Mara, Jason Segel & Charlie McDowell On Their Journey To The Afterlife With ‘The Discovery’ – Sundance…
- ‘I, Tonya’ Finds Its Nancy Kerrigan In Caitlin Carver; McKenna Grace & Bojana Novakovic Also Cast
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Dog Supplier, Handler Birds & Animals Unlimited Issue Statement As Tracking For Film…
- Hulu To Become First Stop For Streams Of Magnolia Pictures Films
- Guest Column: Oscars Are Black And White, But Not Brown
- FBI “Reviewing” Sundance Cyberattack