EXCLUSIVE: Leeza Gibbons is returning to daily first-run syndication as co-host of America Now, the upcoming daily news program from Raycom Media and ITV Studios America. She joins co-host Bill Rancic on the show, set to launch September 12th. The half-hour America Now, which originated as a weekly series hosted by Rancic on the Raycom stations this season, is a lifestyle program featuring short informational segments about such topics as health and beauty, finance, family and home. “The program is topical but not day-to-day timely,” said Gibbons, adding that America Now was “the perfect show” that came at the right time for her to return to the daily syndication grind. Gibbons previously co-hosted Entertainment Tonight, served as host and managing editor of Extra, and executive produced and hosted her own NBC-syndicated talk show, Leeza. She currently hosts PBS’ nationally-syndicated weekly lifestyle show, My Generation, recently nominated for a Daytime Emmy. ITV Studios America is producing America Now, with president and CEO Paul Buccieri overseeing.
Leeza Gibbons To Co-Host New Syndicated Show 'America Now'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
Latest TV News
- CBS Credits Strong Ad Market And Super Bowl For Help With Q1 Earnings Beat
- CNN Wins White House Correspondents’ Dinner In Viewers & Demo
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘Marvel’s Jessica Jones’ Krysten Ritter & EP On Building Netflix…
- John von Soosten Dies: Longtime Katz TV Exec & Former NATPE President Was 71
- Manager George Heller Joins Brillstein Entertainment Partners
- STX Inks Production Deals With Brant Pinvidic & Ryan Holcomb