With Chris Meloni out and Mariska Hargitay back part-time, Law & Order: SVU has locked co-star Ice-T full-time for next season. And the following one, if the veteran crime drama is renewed for a 14th season. Ice-T made the announcement on Twitter this morning. “I’ve just locked in my new SVU deal,” he wrote. “So I’ll officially be back for the next 2 years at least. DONE.” Meanwhile, the search continues for Meloni’s replacement. It is still in a wish-list stage, and I hear there is even a scenario where the new lead would be female, working alongside Hargitay’s Det. Olivia Benson. As for Jennifer Love Hewitt, who had been talked about as a potential new addition when Hargiay scales back her duties in the second half of the season, I hear that is not happening.
'Law & Order: SVU' Update: Ice-T Signs On, Could Det. Benson Get Female Partner?
What's Hot on Deadline
'The White Princess': Alex Kalymnios To Direct Starz Miniseries; Amy Manson, Andrew Whipp, Patrick Gibson Join Cast
Donald Trump Battling Mexico President Over Whether They Talked About Paying For Wall, Ending Brief Truce
Latest TV News
- Judge Judy Sheindlin Developing Series Based On Her Life At CBS
- Donald Trump Battling Mexico President Over Whether They Talked About Paying For Wall, Ending Brief Truce
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’ Adds Prema Cruz; Bethany Joy Lenz Joins ‘Colony’
- New UTA Venue Giving Artists Some Space
- Chastity Dotson To Recur On Amazon’s ‘Patriot’ & Fox’s ‘Pitch’
- ABC Buys Iranian-American Family Comedy From Andrew Reich & Reza Aslan