With Chris Meloni out and Mariska Hargitay back part-time, Law & Order: SVU has locked co-star Ice-T full-time for next season. And the following one, if the veteran crime drama is renewed for a 14th season. Ice-T made the announcement on Twitter this morning. “I’ve just locked in my new SVU deal,” he wrote. “So I’ll officially be back for the next 2 years at least. DONE.” Meanwhile, the search continues for Meloni’s replacement. It is still in a wish-list stage, and I hear there is even a scenario where the new lead would be female, working alongside Hargitay’s Det. Olivia Benson. As for Jennifer Love Hewitt, who had been talked about as a potential new addition when Hargiay scales back her duties in the second half of the season, I hear that is not happening.
'Law & Order: SVU' Update: Ice-T Signs On, Could Det. Benson Get Female Partner?
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Amy Schumer Takes Serious Turn In 'Thank You For Your Service;' PTSD Drama By 'American Sniper' Scribe Jason Hall
Latest TV News
- Khloé Kardashian’s ‘Kocktails With Khloé’: FYI Orders More Episodes
- Bernie Sanders Eats Ice Cream, Shoots Hoops On ‘The View’ After Winning New Hampshire
- ‘Agent Carter’ Star Hayley Atwell To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘Conviction’
- Art & John Linson Developing 'Lawrence In Arabia' Middle East Drama For HBO
- Time Warner Says HBO Now Has 800K Subs As It Prepares Marketing Push
- ‘Flash’ Ratings Pick Up The Pace, ‘New Girl’ Even With Megan Fox, ‘Grinder’ Rises