With Chris Meloni out and Mariska Hargitay back part-time, Law & Order: SVU has locked co-star Ice-T full-time for next season. And the following one, if the veteran crime drama is renewed for a 14th season. Ice-T made the announcement on Twitter this morning. “I’ve just locked in my new SVU deal,” he wrote. “So I’ll officially be back for the next 2 years at least. DONE.” Meanwhile, the search continues for Meloni’s replacement. It is still in a wish-list stage, and I hear there is even a scenario where the new lead would be female, working alongside Hargitay’s Det. Olivia Benson. As for Jennifer Love Hewitt, who had been talked about as a potential new addition when Hargiay scales back her duties in the second half of the season, I hear that is not happening.
'Law & Order: SVU' Update: Ice-T Signs On, Could Det. Benson Get Female Partner?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Addresses Donald Trump Endorsement Of “Creme-De-La Creep” Roy Moore
- David Cassidy Dies: ‘Partridge Family’ Actor & Pop Singer Was 67
- Buzz Belmondo Dies: ‘Out Of This World’ Actor & Comic Was 70
- ‘Chicago P.D.’s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For “Inappropriate Behavior” Amid Sexual…
- Tig Notaro To Host Artios Awards; Nicole Kidman To Present Award To Kevin Huvane
- Canadian Actors Union Branch President Says She Was Sexually Assaulted Four Times