With Chris Meloni out and Mariska Hargitay back part-time, Law & Order: SVU has locked co-star Ice-T full-time for next season. And the following one, if the veteran crime drama is renewed for a 14th season. Ice-T made the announcement on Twitter this morning. “I’ve just locked in my new SVU deal,” he wrote. “So I’ll officially be back for the next 2 years at least. DONE.” Meanwhile, the search continues for Meloni’s replacement. It is still in a wish-list stage, and I hear there is even a scenario where the new lead would be female, working alongside Hargitay’s Det. Olivia Benson. As for Jennifer Love Hewitt, who had been talked about as a potential new addition when Hargiay scales back her duties in the second half of the season, I hear that is not happening.
'Law & Order: SVU' Update: Ice-T Signs On, Could Det. Benson Get Female Partner?
What's Hot on Deadline
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- The CW Developing Two Drama Projects From Greg Berlanti
- ‘Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders’ Review: NBC Series Lacks Juice
- Nielsen Suing ComScore Over “Extended TV” Offering
- Fox Nabs Culture Clash Comedy From Lee Daniels & ‘Modern Family’ EP As Put Pilot
- ‘Maya And The Bee’ Producer Apologizes For Penis Drawing In Episode
- ‘Happy!’: Debi Mazar & Michael Maize Set To Recur In Syfy Series