It’s always better to have unfiltered ratings information instead of selected portions released by the networks in question, but in the case of Current TV that is not possible since the data is private, so we have to rely on what the network released today on last night’s premiere of Countdown With Keith Olbermann. It is only demo information for cable news networks’ key demographic of adults 25-54, with no total viewer figures. In 25-54, Olbermann drew a solid 179,000 viewers, almost 10 times Current’s previous primetime average in total viewers. He was far behind the cable news ratings leader in the 8 PM hour, Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly (735,000 in 25-54), and couldn’t match his replacement at MSNBC, Lawrence O’Donnell (237,000), but he was very competitive in the hour and crushed CNN’s Elliot Spitzer (89,000).
Keith Olbermann Logs Demo Win Over CNN In His Current TV Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Mike Pence’s Plane With Press Aboard Skids Off NY Runway; No Injuries
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP