It’s always better to have unfiltered ratings information instead of selected portions released by the networks in question, but in the case of Current TV that is not possible since the data is private, so we have to rely on what the network released today on last night’s premiere of Countdown With Keith Olbermann. It is only demo information for cable news networks’ key demographic of adults 25-54, with no total viewer figures. In 25-54, Olbermann drew a solid 179,000 viewers, almost 10 times Current’s previous primetime average in total viewers. He was far behind the cable news ratings leader in the 8 PM hour, Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly (735,000 in 25-54), and couldn’t match his replacement at MSNBC, Lawrence O’Donnell (237,000), but he was very competitive in the hour and crushed CNN’s Elliot Spitzer (89,000).
Keith Olbermann Logs Demo Win Over CNN In His Current TV Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- ‘Orphan Black’ Season 5 Episode 1 Unveiled At PaleyFest: Cast & EPs On Clone Club’s Fate, Evil Rachel & The…
- Seth Meyers Warns Donald Trump To Stop Stealing ‘SNL’s ‘Weekend Update’ Bits
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’