It’s always better to have unfiltered ratings information instead of selected portions released by the networks in question, but in the case of Current TV that is not possible since the data is private, so we have to rely on what the network released today on last night’s premiere of Countdown With Keith Olbermann. It is only demo information for cable news networks’ key demographic of adults 25-54, with no total viewer figures. In 25-54, Olbermann drew a solid 179,000 viewers, almost 10 times Current’s previous primetime average in total viewers. He was far behind the cable news ratings leader in the 8 PM hour, Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly (735,000 in 25-54), and couldn’t match his replacement at MSNBC, Lawrence O’Donnell (237,000), but he was very competitive in the hour and crushed CNN’s Elliot Spitzer (89,000).
Keith Olbermann Logs Demo Win Over CNN In His Current TV Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'