EXCLUSIVE: Indie outfit RicheProductions is part of a group that has acquired rights to online live-video portal Justin.tv for feature film and TV development. Justin.tv averages 31 million users a month — the site says a live video starts on the site every second — many in the coveted male 18-34 demographic. Among its recent initiatives is the video-sharing app Socialcam and video game network TwitchTV. All will be ripe for exploitation across multiple media platforms for RicheProductions, which is teaming with Amnesia Inc’s Lee Kramer and J&R Creative Media’s Rebecca Wiegand and Jessica Massa on the rights deal. “We are thrilled to be in business with Justin.tv and the entrepreneurial spirit the founders and the company represent,” Peter Riche said. “We look forward to exploring the many creative possibilities in film, television and across all media outlets.” RicheProductions, led by husband and wife Alan and Wendy Riche and son Peter, is among the executive producers on HBO’s recently announced half-hour comedy project that has Goldie Hawn attached to star and Darren Star writing and exec producing.
Justin.tv Lands Riche Development Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest Film News
- ‘Detroit’ Breakout Algee Smith On Michigan Mayhem & Kathryn Bigelow: “A Leader That’s Not Afraid To Trust”…
- Peter Jackson Rebukes Harvey Weinstein’s Denial On Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- New York’s Famed Lincoln Plaza Art House Theatre Scheduled To Close In January
- After Merger, SAG-AFTRA Constitution Dropped "Sexual Harassment" As Specific Cause For Expelling Members
- ‘Wonder Wheel’ Production Designer On The Artist Who Has Breathed New Life Into Woody Allen’s Films