EXCLUSIVE: Indie outfit RicheProductions is part of a group that has acquired rights to online live-video portal Justin.tv for feature film and TV development. Justin.tv averages 31 million users a month — the site says a live video starts on the site every second — many in the coveted male 18-34 demographic. Among its recent initiatives is the video-sharing app Socialcam and video game network TwitchTV. All will be ripe for exploitation across multiple media platforms for RicheProductions, which is teaming with Amnesia Inc’s Lee Kramer and J&R Creative Media’s Rebecca Wiegand and Jessica Massa on the rights deal. “We are thrilled to be in business with Justin.tv and the entrepreneurial spirit the founders and the company represent,” Peter Riche said. “We look forward to exploring the many creative possibilities in film, television and across all media outlets.” RicheProductions, led by husband and wife Alan and Wendy Riche and son Peter, is among the executive producers on HBO’s recently announced half-hour comedy project that has Goldie Hawn attached to star and Darren Star writing and exec producing.
Justin.tv Lands Riche Development Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’