EXCLUSIVE: Indie outfit RicheProductions is part of a group that has acquired rights to online live-video portal Justin.tv for feature film and TV development. Justin.tv averages 31 million users a month — the site says a live video starts on the site every second — many in the coveted male 18-34 demographic. Among its recent initiatives is the video-sharing app Socialcam and video game network TwitchTV. All will be ripe for exploitation across multiple media platforms for RicheProductions, which is teaming with Amnesia Inc’s Lee Kramer and J&R Creative Media’s Rebecca Wiegand and Jessica Massa on the rights deal. “We are thrilled to be in business with Justin.tv and the entrepreneurial spirit the founders and the company represent,” Peter Riche said. “We look forward to exploring the many creative possibilities in film, television and across all media outlets.” RicheProductions, led by husband and wife Alan and Wendy Riche and son Peter, is among the executive producers on HBO’s recently announced half-hour comedy project that has Goldie Hawn attached to star and Darren Star writing and exec producing.
Justin.tv Lands Riche Development Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Willem Dafoe On Lars Von Trier, New Opportunities & Film’s Power Over TV – Berlin
- National CineMedia Launches Augmented Reality Gaming In Movie Theaters
- Stuntwoman’s Federal Push To End “Wigging” Shakes Up Male-Dominated Industry; SAG-AFTRA “Adamantly Opposes The Practice”…
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…
- Reliance Industries Takes Stake In Eros International, Teams On $150M Fund
- George & Amal Clooney Donate $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?