EXCLUSIVE: Indie outfit RicheProductions is part of a group that has acquired rights to online live-video portal Justin.tv for feature film and TV development. Justin.tv averages 31 million users a month — the site says a live video starts on the site every second — many in the coveted male 18-34 demographic. Among its recent initiatives is the video-sharing app Socialcam and video game network TwitchTV. All will be ripe for exploitation across multiple media platforms for RicheProductions, which is teaming with Amnesia Inc’s Lee Kramer and J&R Creative Media’s Rebecca Wiegand and Jessica Massa on the rights deal. “We are thrilled to be in business with Justin.tv and the entrepreneurial spirit the founders and the company represent,” Peter Riche said. “We look forward to exploring the many creative possibilities in film, television and across all media outlets.” RicheProductions, led by husband and wife Alan and Wendy Riche and son Peter, is among the executive producers on HBO’s recently announced half-hour comedy project that has Goldie Hawn attached to star and Darren Star writing and exec producing.
Justin.tv Lands Riche Development Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest Film News
- Huayi Brothers CEO Eyes Expansion Of STX Entertainment Relationship
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”