EXCLUSIVE: Meet television’s Mitchell McDeere. Josh Lucas is in final negotiations to play the lead in NBC’s midseason drama The Firm, marking his first major TV series gig. The series, based on the hit Paramount feature starring Tom Cruise as McDeere and on John Grisham’s best-selling novel, picks up the story 10 years after the events of the film and novel. As a young associate, McDeere brought down a prestigious Memphis law firm, which operated as a front for the Chicago mob — and his life was never the same. After a difficult decade, which included a stay in the Federal Witness Protection program, Mitch and his family now emerge from isolation to reclaim their lives and their future — only to find that past dangers are still lurking and new threats are everywhere. The Firm is produced by Entertainment One in association with Sony Pictures TV Networks and Paramount Pictures, with Grisham, Lukas Reiter, John Morayniss, Michael Rosenberg and Noreen Halpern executive producing. Lucas has been heavily pursued for series in the past few years but had largely stayed away before he responded to the script for The Firm. The WME-repped actor was most recently seen in the feature adaptation of another best-selling novel about an attorney, The Lincoln Lawyer. He just wrapped Medalian and will next be seen in Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, in which he plays Charles Lindbergh, and Red Dog.
Josh Lucas To Star In NBC's 'The Firm'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should "Suspend" Marshawn Lynch
Latest TV News
- CBS And Dish Network Warn Of Potential Blackout If No Deal By Tonight
- YouTube Red Sets Jay Williams Docuseries ‘Best Shot’; LeBron James Among EPs
- ‘The Indian Detective’ Trailer: First Look & Premiere Date For Netflix’s Canadian Series Starring Russell…
- Della Reese Dies: Music Legend & ‘Touched By An Angel Star’ Was 86
- ‘The L Word’ Sequel Taps Marja-Lewis Ryan As Showrunner At Showtime
- Camera Operator Mark Milsome Dies Filming Stunt On BBC/Netflix Drama; Production Shut Down – Update