EXCLUSIVE: USA Network has cast Jennifer Finnigan as the female lead in its pilot Wild Card, lifting the contingency on the project. The Fox TV Studios-produced project is about people behaving badly at night in Las Vegas and two very different lawyers, Will Garratt (Ben Lawson) and Eliza Evans (Finnigan), who solve their problems before morning. Finnigan co-starred on ABC’s sitcom Better With You last season. Edi Gathegi already had been cast as the duo’s resourceful investigator. Stephen Godchaux wrote the pilot and is executive producing with Cary Brokaw. With the contingency lifted, Wild Card joins the other USA pilots Over/Under, which has not yet been shot, and Common Law and Eden, which have been shot.
Jennifer Finnigan Lands Female Lead In USA Network Pilot 'Wild Card'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ADG Awards: Art Directors To Induct Ken Adam & Tyrus Wong Into Hall Of Fame
- Fox Buys 2 Projects From Lee Daniels: Gospel Choir Drama As Put Pilot & Multi-Racial Soap With Penalty
- James Corden Regrets His Kiss With Sean Spicer; Promises It Was A “One-Time Thing”
- ‘For The People’: Production Temporarily Shut Down On ABC Shondaland Series
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Continue Airing Live Coast To Coast