Much like the Academy Awards, the MTV Movie Awards tonight opened with a montage featuring host Jason Sudeikis weaved into scenes from recent Oscar contenders The Social Network, Black Swan and 127 Hours. The skit’s main story was a spoof of blockbuster comedy Hangover starring Sudeikis, Twilight star Taylor Lautner, Eva Mendes, Chelsea Handler and Hangover co-star Justin Bartha. The comparisons to the Oscars ended right there, as the MTV Movie Awards stuck to their usual raunchy, expletive-laden tone and their lineup of categories like Best Scared-As-S**t Performance, which, like almost every other one, was won by the latest Twilight movie. Here is the Hangover-inspired intro:
Jason Sudeikis & Taylor Lautner's 'Hangover' Parody At MTV Movie Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate