Much like the Academy Awards, the MTV Movie Awards tonight opened with a montage featuring host Jason Sudeikis weaved into scenes from recent Oscar contenders The Social Network, Black Swan and 127 Hours. The skit’s main story was a spoof of blockbuster comedy Hangover starring Sudeikis, Twilight star Taylor Lautner, Eva Mendes, Chelsea Handler and Hangover co-star Justin Bartha. The comparisons to the Oscars ended right there, as the MTV Movie Awards stuck to their usual raunchy, expletive-laden tone and their lineup of categories like Best Scared-As-S**t Performance, which, like almost every other one, was won by the latest Twilight movie. Here is the Hangover-inspired intro:
Jason Sudeikis & Taylor Lautner's 'Hangover' Parody At MTV Movie Awards
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'