Jason Patric has been tapped as the male lead in the FX drama pilot Powers. Based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, the project, written by Charles H. Eglee and to be directed by Michael Dinner, is a police procedural set in a world where superpowers are relatively common. It centers on two detectives, Christian Walker (Patric) and Deena Pilgrim (Lucy Punch), in a Homicide department that deals with cases involving “powers” (people with superpowers). Eglee, Dinner, David Engel and Bendis are executive producing for Sony Pictures TV and FX Prods. Filming is slated for mid-summer in Chicago. If Powers goes to series, it will mark Patric’s first regular series gig. Last year, he co-starred in the HBO comedy pilot Tilda. In features, Patric, repped by ICM and Untitled, was most recently seen in The Losers.
Jason Patric Set To Star In FX's 'Powers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Latest TV News
- ‘Brown Girls’: Andrew Lees, Omar Maskati & Natalie Dreyfuss Join Freeform Comedy Pilot
- ‘UnReal’: Caitlin Fitzgerald Joins Lifetime Series As Everlasting’s “Suitress”
- Veteran Producer & Longtime CBS Exec David Brownfield Tapped As The Mark Gordon Company EVP
- Hollywood Remembers “Brilliant”, “Hilarious” Miguel Ferrer
- Late Miguel Ferrer Leaves Behind More ‘NCIS: LA’ Episodes, ‘Twin Peaks’ Return
- ABC Makes Sundance History With ‘Downward Dog’ Premiere