Jason Patric has been tapped as the male lead in the FX drama pilot Powers. Based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, the project, written by Charles H. Eglee and to be directed by Michael Dinner, is a police procedural set in a world where superpowers are relatively common. It centers on two detectives, Christian Walker (Patric) and Deena Pilgrim (Lucy Punch), in a Homicide department that deals with cases involving “powers” (people with superpowers). Eglee, Dinner, David Engel and Bendis are executive producing for Sony Pictures TV and FX Prods. Filming is slated for mid-summer in Chicago. If Powers goes to series, it will mark Patric’s first regular series gig. Last year, he co-starred in the HBO comedy pilot Tilda. In features, Patric, repped by ICM and Untitled, was most recently seen in The Losers.
Jason Patric Set To Star In FX's 'Powers'
What's Hot on Deadline
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 50 Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
Latest TV News
- Fox Nabs ‘Revival’ Comedy Produced By Nahnatchka Khan About ’80s Sitcom Reboot As Put Pilot
- Andrea Savage Comedy ‘I’m Sorry’ Renewed For Season 2 By TruTV
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Comedy Series
- Hollywood Responds To Confederate Statue Controversy; Johnny Cash Family “Sickened” By Neo-Nazi Fan
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 50 Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested – Update
- Esai Morales Threatens Election Fraud Complaint If “Petty Politics” Continue At SAG-AFTRA