Jason Patric has been tapped as the male lead in the FX drama pilot Powers. Based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, the project, written by Charles H. Eglee and to be directed by Michael Dinner, is a police procedural set in a world where superpowers are relatively common. It centers on two detectives, Christian Walker (Patric) and Deena Pilgrim (Lucy Punch), in a Homicide department that deals with cases involving “powers” (people with superpowers). Eglee, Dinner, David Engel and Bendis are executive producing for Sony Pictures TV and FX Prods. Filming is slated for mid-summer in Chicago. If Powers goes to series, it will mark Patric’s first regular series gig. Last year, he co-starred in the HBO comedy pilot Tilda. In features, Patric, repped by ICM and Untitled, was most recently seen in The Losers.
Jason Patric Set To Star In FX's 'Powers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest TV News
- Financial Media Upstart Cheddar Raises $22M Series D Round, Plans News Network Launch, International Expansion
- ‘Krypton’ Review: Syfy Superhero Drama Swings For The Fences With New Take On Superman Narrative
- ‘Hollywood Game Night’ Renewed For Season 6 On NBC
- ‘Cagney & Lacey’: Ving Rhames To Co-Star In CBS’ Reboot Pilot
- Matt Ryan To Join ‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’ As Series Regular For Season 4
- ‘Camping’: Janicza Bravo, Arturo Del Puerto, Brett Gelman Cast As Regulars In HBO Comedy Series