Jason Patric has been tapped as the male lead in the FX drama pilot Powers. Based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, the project, written by Charles H. Eglee and to be directed by Michael Dinner, is a police procedural set in a world where superpowers are relatively common. It centers on two detectives, Christian Walker (Patric) and Deena Pilgrim (Lucy Punch), in a Homicide department that deals with cases involving “powers” (people with superpowers). Eglee, Dinner, David Engel and Bendis are executive producing for Sony Pictures TV and FX Prods. Filming is slated for mid-summer in Chicago. If Powers goes to series, it will mark Patric’s first regular series gig. Last year, he co-starred in the HBO comedy pilot Tilda. In features, Patric, repped by ICM and Untitled, was most recently seen in The Losers.
Jason Patric Set To Star In FX's 'Powers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest TV News
- 'Castle Rock': Melanie Lynskey To Star In Hulu’s J.J. Abrams/Stephen King Series
- Cole Hauser, Wes Bentley & Kelly Reilly Join Paramount Network’s ‘Yellowstone’
- ITV Studios America Adds Jed Valdecantos & Jim Dietle To Exec Team
- Donald Trump’s Latest Twitter Tantrum Targets New York Times, Washington Post
- CBS News To Launch ‘CBSN: On Assignment’; Summer Primetime News Series Sets Premiere Date
- ABC News Reaches Settlement In “Pink Slime” Defamation Lawsuit