Jason Patric has been tapped as the male lead in the FX drama pilot Powers. Based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, the project, written by Charles H. Eglee and to be directed by Michael Dinner, is a police procedural set in a world where superpowers are relatively common. It centers on two detectives, Christian Walker (Patric) and Deena Pilgrim (Lucy Punch), in a Homicide department that deals with cases involving “powers” (people with superpowers). Eglee, Dinner, David Engel and Bendis are executive producing for Sony Pictures TV and FX Prods. Filming is slated for mid-summer in Chicago. If Powers goes to series, it will mark Patric’s first regular series gig. Last year, he co-starred in the HBO comedy pilot Tilda. In features, Patric, repped by ICM and Untitled, was most recently seen in The Losers.
Jason Patric Set To Star In FX's 'Powers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’s Lauren Cohan To Return For Season 9
- NBCU Chief Steve Burke On NBC And Universal Pictures: “We Have The Cards”
- Hulu Developing ‘Less Than Zero’ Drama From Craig Wright Based On Bret Easton Ellis Novel
- Comcast Chief Brian Roberts On Sky Bid: “We Don’t Have To Do This”
- Donald Trump Tweet-Attacks “Silent” Press After Arizona Special Election
- KCETLink Rejoins PBS, Agrees To Merge With SoCal Flagship Outlet KOCE