James Spader is working on a deal to return to NBC’s The Office this season — but he might have loftier ambitions than Michael Scott’s desk. According to Entertainment Weekly, Spader is in talks to return as Robert California, who appeared last season interviewing for Scott’s office-manager job (thanks to Steve Carell’s pending departure from the series). But the twist is that Robert might actually be in the running for Dunder Mifflin CEO, currently played by Kathy Bates, whose Harry’s Law was renewed for next season. More on all of this from our pals at TVLine.
James Spader Picking Out An 'Office' Chair?
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA