James Spader is working on a deal to return to NBC’s The Office this season — but he might have loftier ambitions than Michael Scott’s desk. According to Entertainment Weekly, Spader is in talks to return as Robert California, who appeared last season interviewing for Scott’s office-manager job (thanks to Steve Carell’s pending departure from the series). But the twist is that Robert might actually be in the running for Dunder Mifflin CEO, currently played by Kathy Bates, whose Harry’s Law was renewed for next season. More on all of this from our pals at TVLine.
James Spader Picking Out An 'Office' Chair?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Secret Meeting Of Industry Leaders Proposes 4-Point Program To Battle Gender Bias
- Harry Radliffe II Dies: First African-American Bureau Chief At CBS Was 66
- Obama’s State Of The Union Address Thwarts ABC’s ‘Marvel’s Agent Carter’ Return
- TV One To Repeat PBS’ Mark Twain Prize Ceremony Honoring Eddie Murphy
- ‘The Wiz Live!’ First Live Entertainment Show Accessible To Visually Disabled People
- ‘The Flash’-‘Arrow’ Crossover Review: CW Team-Up More Legendary Than Ever