EXCLUSIVE: Jake Kasdan, who directed the pilot for Fox’s New Girl, has signed a one-year development deal with 20th Century Fox Television, the studio that produces the hot new comedy series. Kasdan will serve as an executive producer/director on the series starring Zooey Deschanel, which will air on Tuesdays this fall. He will executive produce the show alongside creator Liz Meriwether, Peter Chernin, Katherine Pope, David Finkel and Brett Baer. Additionally, Kasdan will develop projects for 20th TV and, if one of them goes to pilot, he will also direct it. If not, he is expected to helm another pilot for the studio next season. WME-repped Kasdan is directing his second pilot this year, the HBO comedy Spring/Fall starring Tea Leoni and Hope Davis. On the feature side, he most recently directed the Sony comedy Bad Teacher, starring Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake, which opens on Friday.
Jake Kasdan Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'