EXCLUSIVE: Jake Kasdan, who directed the pilot for Fox’s New Girl, has signed a one-year development deal with 20th Century Fox Television, the studio that produces the hot new comedy series. Kasdan will serve as an executive producer/director on the series starring Zooey Deschanel, which will air on Tuesdays this fall. He will executive produce the show alongside creator Liz Meriwether, Peter Chernin, Katherine Pope, David Finkel and Brett Baer. Additionally, Kasdan will develop projects for 20th TV and, if one of them goes to pilot, he will also direct it. If not, he is expected to helm another pilot for the studio next season. WME-repped Kasdan is directing his second pilot this year, the HBO comedy Spring/Fall starring Tea Leoni and Hope Davis. On the feature side, he most recently directed the Sony comedy Bad Teacher, starring Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake, which opens on Friday.
Jake Kasdan Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'