EXCLUSIVE: Jake Kasdan, who directed the pilot for Fox’s New Girl, has signed a one-year development deal with 20th Century Fox Television, the studio that produces the hot new comedy series. Kasdan will serve as an executive producer/director on the series starring Zooey Deschanel, which will air on Tuesdays this fall. He will executive produce the show alongside creator Liz Meriwether, Peter Chernin, Katherine Pope, David Finkel and Brett Baer. Additionally, Kasdan will develop projects for 20th TV and, if one of them goes to pilot, he will also direct it. If not, he is expected to helm another pilot for the studio next season. WME-repped Kasdan is directing his second pilot this year, the HBO comedy Spring/Fall starring Tea Leoni and Hope Davis. On the feature side, he most recently directed the Sony comedy Bad Teacher, starring Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake, which opens on Friday.
Jake Kasdan Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination
- ‘Golan The Insatiable’ Trailer: Kneel Before Fox’s New Toon Series