Season Four of MTV’s mega hit Jersey Shore, which is currently filming in Florence, Italy, will premiere Thursday, August 4 in the show’s 10 PM slot. Snooki & Co. won’t get much rest when they return from Europe as the network just gave a formal go-ahead to a fifth season, slated to begin production later this month in the show’s original setting, Seaside Heights. A fifth season has been a lock since the network already had options on the cast as part of the most recent salary renegotiations. Jersey Shore films 2 cycles a year, one in Seaside Heights and one in a warmer locale during the colder months, including Florida last year and Italy this year. Leading to the fourth season premiere, MTV will air a one-hour special about the show’s rise on Thursday, July 28. Jersey Shore ranks as MTV’s No.1 series of all time. The most recent third season averaged a 7.7 rating in persons 12-34.
Italy-Set Season 4 Of 'Jersey Shore' Gets Premiere Date; Season 5 Is Now A Go
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'