Season Four of MTV’s mega hit Jersey Shore, which is currently filming in Florence, Italy, will premiere Thursday, August 4 in the show’s 10 PM slot. Snooki & Co. won’t get much rest when they return from Europe as the network just gave a formal go-ahead to a fifth season, slated to begin production later this month in the show’s original setting, Seaside Heights. A fifth season has been a lock since the network already had options on the cast as part of the most recent salary renegotiations. Jersey Shore films 2 cycles a year, one in Seaside Heights and one in a warmer locale during the colder months, including Florida last year and Italy this year. Leading to the fourth season premiere, MTV will air a one-hour special about the show’s rise on Thursday, July 28. Jersey Shore ranks as MTV’s No.1 series of all time. The most recent third season averaged a 7.7 rating in persons 12-34.
Italy-Set Season 4 Of 'Jersey Shore' Gets Premiere Date; Season 5 Is Now A Go
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot