Michelle Obama is taking her “Joining Forces” military family initiative to Hollywood, finalizing plans to meet with AFTRA, the DGA, the PGA, SAG and the WGA on June 13 at the Writers Guild Theatre in Los Angeles, the White House said today. The organizations have formed a Joining Forces Inter-Guild Task Force to provide support for the program. The meeting is designed to discuss the stories and issues surrounding military families so their experiences can be integrated into film, TV and digital media.
H'wood Guilds Host Michelle Obama Event
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM