Michelle Obama is taking her “Joining Forces” military family initiative to Hollywood, finalizing plans to meet with AFTRA, the DGA, the PGA, SAG and the WGA on June 13 at the Writers Guild Theatre in Los Angeles, the White House said today. The organizations have formed a Joining Forces Inter-Guild Task Force to provide support for the program. The meeting is designed to discuss the stories and issues surrounding military families so their experiences can be integrated into film, TV and digital media.
H'wood Guilds Host Michelle Obama Event
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'