HBO’s untitled WikiLeaks movie is taking shape, with Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall coming on board as executive producers and British scribe Rowan Joffe (The American) tapped to write the script. The project, a co-production with the BBC, is based on source material that includes Raffi Khatchadourian’s 2010 New Yorker article No Secrets: Julian Assange’s Mission for Total Transparency. It will tell the story of WikiLeaks, a database run by former hacker and Internet activist Julian Assange and his operatives, whose mission is to collect and disseminate via the Internet private, secret and classified information from anonymous sources. HBO put the WikiLeaks project in development in January with Joshua Maurer and Alixandre Witlin of City Entertainment and David Stern of KippSter Entertainment executive producing. In April, Oscar-winning documentary filmmaker Charles Ferguson was attached to direct the potential film and executive produce. Maurer, Witlin, Stern and Ferguson will now executive produce with Kennedy and Marshall. Audrey Marrs serves as co-exec producer and Timothy Prager as co-producer. With a writer, director and producers locked in, HBO’s TV movie is on track to beat to the screen the myriad WikiLeaks features that are in the works, including one at DreamWorks, which also is in active development.
HBO's WikiLeaks Movie Taps Kathleen Kennedy To Produce, Rowan Joffe To Write
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘The End Of The World As We Know It’: Gage Golightly To Star In the CW Pilot
- ‘Playing Dead’: Tyler Ritter To Star In the CW Drama Pilot
- World Cup 2018: Fox To Air Record 38 Matches Live On Broadcast Network – Full TV Schedule
- ‘God Friended Me’: ‘Scandal’s Joe Morton To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- ‘So Close’: Sabrina Carpenter Cast In Greg Malins’ NBC Comedy Pilot
- Imagine Entertainment Takes Controlling Interest In Comedy Series Producer Jax Media