HBO’s untitled WikiLeaks movie is taking shape, with Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall coming on board as executive producers and British scribe Rowan Joffe (The American) tapped to write the script. The project, a co-production with the BBC, is based on source material that includes Raffi Khatchadourian’s 2010 New Yorker article No Secrets: Julian Assange’s Mission for Total Transparency. It will tell the story of WikiLeaks, a database run by former hacker and Internet activist Julian Assange and his operatives, whose mission is to collect and disseminate via the Internet private, secret and classified information from anonymous sources. HBO put the WikiLeaks project in development in January with Joshua Maurer and Alixandre Witlin of City Entertainment and David Stern of KippSter Entertainment executive producing. In April, Oscar-winning documentary filmmaker Charles Ferguson was attached to direct the potential film and executive produce. Maurer, Witlin, Stern and Ferguson will now executive produce with Kennedy and Marshall. Audrey Marrs serves as co-exec producer and Timothy Prager as co-producer. With a writer, director and producers locked in, HBO’s TV movie is on track to beat to the screen the myriad WikiLeaks features that are in the works, including one at DreamWorks, which also is in active development.
HBO's WikiLeaks Movie Taps Kathleen Kennedy To Produce, Rowan Joffe To Write
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive