Police in London today arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with the hacking of Sony’s PlayStation Network in April, as well as for his potential involvement in breaches to the systems of the UK’s Serious Organized Crime Agency and the CIA. There was no clear word whether the teenager, identified as Ryan Cleary, was officially a part of LulzSec, a group that has claimed to have hacked into PBS’ and Sony Pictures’ websites; in the latter case, the group obtained access to the accounts of 1 million users. The PlayStation Network attack shut down the system for a month; according to various reports, the company estimates the cost of the attack to Sony will exceed $170 million.
Hacker Arrested In Connection With Sony Breach
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'