Police in London today arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with the hacking of Sony’s PlayStation Network in April, as well as for his potential involvement in breaches to the systems of the UK’s Serious Organized Crime Agency and the CIA. There was no clear word whether the teenager, identified as Ryan Cleary, was officially a part of LulzSec, a group that has claimed to have hacked into PBS’ and Sony Pictures’ websites; in the latter case, the group obtained access to the accounts of 1 million users. The PlayStation Network attack shut down the system for a month; according to various reports, the company estimates the cost of the attack to Sony will exceed $170 million.
Hacker Arrested In Connection With Sony Breach
Trending Now on Deadline
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List