Police in London today arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with the hacking of Sony’s PlayStation Network in April, as well as for his potential involvement in breaches to the systems of the UK’s Serious Organized Crime Agency and the CIA. There was no clear word whether the teenager, identified as Ryan Cleary, was officially a part of LulzSec, a group that has claimed to have hacked into PBS’ and Sony Pictures’ websites; in the latter case, the group obtained access to the accounts of 1 million users. The PlayStation Network attack shut down the system for a month; according to various reports, the company estimates the cost of the attack to Sony will exceed $170 million.
Hacker Arrested In Connection With Sony Breach
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video