EXCLUSIVE: Gold Circle Films has optioned David Rosenfelt’s novel On Borrowed Time, a Hitchcockian thriller published by St. Martin’s Press. Rosenfelt is a former marketing executive who became a screenwriter and then an author. His first novel, the Edgar Award-nominated Open & Shut, hatched a series on a lawyer who takes on impossible cases, particularly if they involve dogs. In his new novel, Rosenfelt focuses on a journalist who’s about to ask his girlfriend to marry him when they get into an accident and she disappears. Her family and even his friends claim she never existed. As he writes about his ordeal in magazine articles, it’s unclear whether the journalist is delusional, the subject of memory experiments, or is the victim of a conspiracy. Summit Talent & Literary Agency and Writers House made his deal, and Gold Circle’s Guy Danella is the exec.
Gold Circle Acquires David Rosenfelt Thriller Novel 'On Borrowed Time'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ Trailer Includes New Fantastical Footage From Disney’s Ava DuVernay-Directed Adaptation
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International Box…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched