EXCLUSIVE: Gold Circle Films has optioned David Rosenfelt’s novel On Borrowed Time, a Hitchcockian thriller published by St. Martin’s Press. Rosenfelt is a former marketing executive who became a screenwriter and then an author. His first novel, the Edgar Award-nominated Open & Shut, hatched a series on a lawyer who takes on impossible cases, particularly if they involve dogs. In his new novel, Rosenfelt focuses on a journalist who’s about to ask his girlfriend to marry him when they get into an accident and she disappears. Her family and even his friends claim she never existed. As he writes about his ordeal in magazine articles, it’s unclear whether the journalist is delusional, the subject of memory experiments, or is the victim of a conspiracy. Summit Talent & Literary Agency and Writers House made his deal, and Gold Circle’s Guy Danella is the exec.
Gold Circle Acquires David Rosenfelt Thriller Novel 'On Borrowed Time'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman Exits CAA
- Jillian Bell To Star In ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon’; Michaela Watkins, Utkarsh Ambudkar & Lil Rel Howery…
- ‘Man Who Invented Christmas’ Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A…
- 'Darkest Hour', 'Call Me By Your Name', ‘Man Who Invented Christmas’ Usher Holiday – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Molly’s Game’s Jessica Chastain & Idris Elba On Working With Aaron Sorkin In His Directorial Debut – The…
- Willem Dafoe On Playing Tough, Managing Kids In ‘Florida Project’ & Getting Fired On His First Movie – The…