EXCLUSIVE: Gold Circle Films has optioned David Rosenfelt’s novel On Borrowed Time, a Hitchcockian thriller published by St. Martin’s Press. Rosenfelt is a former marketing executive who became a screenwriter and then an author. His first novel, the Edgar Award-nominated Open & Shut, hatched a series on a lawyer who takes on impossible cases, particularly if they involve dogs. In his new novel, Rosenfelt focuses on a journalist who’s about to ask his girlfriend to marry him when they get into an accident and she disappears. Her family and even his friends claim she never existed. As he writes about his ordeal in magazine articles, it’s unclear whether the journalist is delusional, the subject of memory experiments, or is the victim of a conspiracy. Summit Talent & Literary Agency and Writers House made his deal, and Gold Circle’s Guy Danella is the exec.
Gold Circle Acquires David Rosenfelt Thriller Novel 'On Borrowed Time'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Embraces $89M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update
- Richard A. Roth Dies: ‘Summer Of ’42’ Producer Was 76
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Posters: Tom Holland Slings Through New York
- ‘Queen of the Desert’ Trailer: Nicole Kidman Defies An Empire