Following Ryan Dunn’s death in a car accident this morning, G4 has put his new show Proving Ground on an indefinite hiatus. Proving Ground featured the Jackass alum as he tried to re-create in the real world professional stunts from films and TV shows as well as imaginary ones from video games. The series, which has eight more episodes in the can, started off slowly last week with 31,000 viewers for its Tuesday premiere. “The show will not be airing for now and discussions are underway re future plans,” a G4 spokeswoman said. Earlier in the day, the cable network issued a statement on the passing of Dunn, 34, who crashed his car early this morning in a wooded area in Pennsylvania, killing himself and his passenger: “All of us at G4 are shocked and deeply saddened by the tragic news that Ryan Dunn has passed away. Ryan’s comedic wit and signature no-holds-barred approach made him an incredible talent and his work on G4’s Proving Ground was flawless. Ryan will be missed dearly by his legion of fans and we extend our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends during this difficult time.”
G4 Pulls Ryan Dunn's New Show Following His Death
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest TV News
- ‘Hannity’ Books Sean Spicer & Reince Priebus To Spin White House Press Office Explosion, But Anthony Scaramucci Bails…
- Comic-Con: David Harbour, Chris Meloni Talk Being Leading Men & Regretful Roles In ‘Brave New Warriors’ Panel
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Panel Kicks Off With Surprise David Lynch Video Visit – Comic-Con
- O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing Attracts 13 Million On Traditional TV
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Brings Winter To Comic-Con Hall H: Child-Burning Witch Melisandre Advising Daenerys Targaryen?
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's Hollywood Renaissance?