FX has added another No.1 box-office opener to its collection of film acquisitions. The cable network has closed a deal for the TV rights to X-Men: First Class, which opened at the top spot last weekend with $55.1 million. Last week, FX picked up Hangover II, which was the box-office champ the previous weekend. The acquisition of First Class, produced by sister studio Twentieth Century Fox, completes FX’s X-Men collection. The network also has the first 3 films in the franchise. On the strength of their rebroadcasts last week as well as a Two and a Half Men Memorial Day marathon, FX finished last week at No.3 basic cable network among adults 18-49. X-Men is joined by other superhero movie franchises whose rights FX owns, including Spiderman, Fantastic Four and the X-Men offshoot Wolverine. Through its output deal with Marvel, FX is getting Thor and the upcoming Captain America this year. Here is a list of other No.1-opening movies this year that FX has bought: Disney’s Tron: Legacy, Sony’s The Green Hornet, Screen Gems’ The Roommate, Sony’s Just Go With It, Paramount’s animated Rango, Sony’s Battle: Los Angeles and Marvel’s Thor.
FX Nabs TV Rights To 'X-Men: First Class'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Justice League' Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? - Comic-Con
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 2 Trailer Goes All “Thriller” + Tease Kicks Off Comic-Con Panel
- 'Wynonna Earp' Renewed For Season 3 On Syfy – Comic-Con
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Debuts New Trailer, Adds Wilson Cruz, Composer Jeff Russo to Starfleet —Comic-Con
- ‘Happy!’: Patton Oswalt Set To Voice Title Character In Syfy Series, Replacing Bobby Moynihan
- ‘The Originals’ Season 5 Teaser: First Look At Teenage Hope In Final Season — Comic-Con
- ‘Lucifer’: Tom Welling Joins Season 3 Cast Of Fox Drama Series; New Footage Unveiled