FX has closed a deal for the commercial TV premiere rights to Bad Teacher, the Sony comedy starring Cameron Diaz that bowed to $31 million during the weekend and finished second overall at the domestic box office behind Disney/Pixar’s Cars 2. The deal adds to a growing list of top features due for broadcast on the network, including Green Lantern, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, The Hangover Part II, Super 8, X-Men: First Class, Thor, Just Go With It, The Green Hornet, Tron: Legacy and Kung Fu Panda 2.
FX Nabs Rights To 'Bad Teacher'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
Ethan Hawke At Sundance: Talks ‘Boyhood’, “Studios Are Making Less & Less Movies” & What Audiences Want To See - Video
More From Team
- PGA Awards: ‘Birdman’ Wins Top Film Prize, ‘Breaking Bad’ Takes Drama Trophy & ‘Orange Is The New Black…
- Rupert Murdoch Raves About ‘American Sniper’, Slams Hollywood Leftists
- Indiegogo, Vimeo Partner Up On Film Fund & Distribution
- Denise Richards & Francia Raisa Sign With Abrams Artists Agency
- ‘Imitation Game’ Producers On How They Played The Game – Exclusive Video
- Richard Lewis Boards Seth MacFarlane’s ‘Blunt Talk’ Series – First Look Teaser