FX has closed a deal for the commercial TV premiere rights to Bad Teacher, the Sony comedy starring Cameron Diaz that bowed to $31 million during the weekend and finished second overall at the domestic box office behind Disney/Pixar’s Cars 2. The deal adds to a growing list of top features due for broadcast on the network, including Green Lantern, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, The Hangover Part II, Super 8, X-Men: First Class, Thor, Just Go With It, The Green Hornet, Tron: Legacy and Kung Fu Panda 2.
FX Nabs Rights To 'Bad Teacher'
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks
- 'Cabin Fever' Remake Invites Eli Roth Back Into House – AFM