FX announced today that it has picked up commercial TV rights to two more box-office biggies: Warner Bros’ Green Lantern and Fox’s Mr Popper’s Penguins, which finshed No. 1 and No. 3, respectively, in the domestic box office race this past weekend. FX last week acquired rights to J.J. Abrams’ Super 8, which finished No. 2 during its second frame for the weekend. The network has been busy buying up tentpole-type movies, already nabbing X-Men: First Class, The Hangover Part II, Tron: Legacy, The Green Hornet, The Roommate, Just Go With It, Rango, Battle: Los Angeles and Thor.
FX Adds To Tentpole Pile, Nabs Rights To 'Green Lantern', 'Mr. Popper's Penguins'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy's Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick To Head All Scripted
Latest Film News
- Amy Schumer Takes Serious Turn In ‘Thank You For Your Service;’ PTSD Drama By ‘American Sniper’ Scribe…
- Super Bowl 50: ‘Bourne’ Explodes On Social Media, But Isn’t The ‘Captain’
- ‘The Killing’s Veena Sud To Pen Remake Of ‘We Monsters’ For Broad Green
- Josh Gad Set To Star In ‘Heavy Duty’ Comedy From Paramount, Based On His Idea
- Wall Street Clobbers Viacom Shares Following Disappointing Reports
- Warner Bros. Moves ‘Ready Player One’ Out Of 2017 & Away From Next ‘Star Wars’