FX announced today that it has picked up commercial TV rights to two more box-office biggies: Warner Bros’ Green Lantern and Fox’s Mr Popper’s Penguins, which finshed No. 1 and No. 3, respectively, in the domestic box office race this past weekend. FX last week acquired rights to J.J. Abrams’ Super 8, which finished No. 2 during its second frame for the weekend. The network has been busy buying up tentpole-type movies, already nabbing X-Men: First Class, The Hangover Part II, Tron: Legacy, The Green Hornet, The Roommate, Just Go With It, Rango, Battle: Los Angeles and Thor.
FX Adds To Tentpole Pile, Nabs Rights To 'Green Lantern', 'Mr. Popper's Penguins'
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Team
- 'American Idol' Contestant Joanne Borgella Dead At 32
- Gena Rowlands To Receive Career Honors From LA Film Critics
- 'Good Kill' Drone Movie Lands At IFC Films
- Tao Okamoto Cast In 'Hannibal'; 'Complications' Adds 2
- Showtime Ratings: 2.5M Subscribers Watch 'The Affair' — Network's Best Ever Series Debut Live + 3 Lift : UPDATE