FX announced today that it has picked up commercial TV rights to two more box-office biggies: Warner Bros’ Green Lantern and Fox’s Mr Popper’s Penguins, which finshed No. 1 and No. 3, respectively, in the domestic box office race this past weekend. FX last week acquired rights to J.J. Abrams’ Super 8, which finished No. 2 during its second frame for the weekend. The network has been busy buying up tentpole-type movies, already nabbing X-Men: First Class, The Hangover Part II, Tron: Legacy, The Green Hornet, The Roommate, Just Go With It, Rango, Battle: Los Angeles and Thor.
FX Adds To Tentpole Pile, Nabs Rights To 'Green Lantern', 'Mr. Popper's Penguins'
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Team
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney
- 'Strange Magic' Trailer: George Lucas' Animated Fairy Tale
- Millennium Entertainment Bolsters Digital With Amplify
- Bravo Renews 'Untying The Knot' For Second Season