FX announced today that it has picked up commercial TV rights to two more box-office biggies: Warner Bros’ Green Lantern and Fox’s Mr Popper’s Penguins, which finshed No. 1 and No. 3, respectively, in the domestic box office race this past weekend. FX last week acquired rights to J.J. Abrams’ Super 8, which finished No. 2 during its second frame for the weekend. The network has been busy buying up tentpole-type movies, already nabbing X-Men: First Class, The Hangover Part II, Tron: Legacy, The Green Hornet, The Roommate, Just Go With It, Rango, Battle: Los Angeles and Thor.
FX Adds To Tentpole Pile, Nabs Rights To 'Green Lantern', 'Mr. Popper's Penguins'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ Tops Overseas Again As ‘Magnificent 7’ Corrals $19.2M & ‘Storks’ Bundles $18.3M – Intl Box…
- 'Best Democracy' Rules, ‘Queen Of Katwe’ Bows: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Magnificent Seven’s $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; ‘Storks’ At $21.8M – Sunday AM B.O. Final…
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb Pro From Listing Actors' Ages
- Bill Nunn Dies: ‘Do The Right Thing’ And ‘Spider-Man’ Trilogy Actor Was 62
- Antoine Fuqua On ‘Magnificent Seven,’ ‘Scarface’ And How One Black Director Made The A-List