FX announced today that it has picked up commercial TV rights to two more box-office biggies: Warner Bros’ Green Lantern and Fox’s Mr Popper’s Penguins, which finshed No. 1 and No. 3, respectively, in the domestic box office race this past weekend. FX last week acquired rights to J.J. Abrams’ Super 8, which finished No. 2 during its second frame for the weekend. The network has been busy buying up tentpole-type movies, already nabbing X-Men: First Class, The Hangover Part II, Tron: Legacy, The Green Hornet, The Roommate, Just Go With It, Rango, Battle: Los Angeles and Thor.
FX Adds To Tentpole Pile, Nabs Rights To 'Green Lantern', 'Mr. Popper's Penguins'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Cecilia Vega & Tom Llamas New ‘ABC World News Tonight’ Weekend Anchors
- John Fairchild, Editor-In-Chief Of Women’s Wear Daily, Dead At 87
- ‘Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson Blames Hippies For STDs In CPAC Speech
- Dominic Pagone Upped To SVP Communications At FX Networks
- Tarak Ben Ammar, Dominique Delport Proposed To Join Vivendi’s Supervisory Board
- Dean Cain, Helen Slater Join ‘Supergirl’ Pilot