FX announced today that it has picked up commercial TV rights to two more box-office biggies: Warner Bros’ Green Lantern and Fox’s Mr Popper’s Penguins, which finshed No. 1 and No. 3, respectively, in the domestic box office race this past weekend. FX last week acquired rights to J.J. Abrams’ Super 8, which finished No. 2 during its second frame for the weekend. The network has been busy buying up tentpole-type movies, already nabbing X-Men: First Class, The Hangover Part II, Tron: Legacy, The Green Hornet, The Roommate, Just Go With It, Rango, Battle: Los Angeles and Thor.
FX Adds To Tentpole Pile, Nabs Rights To 'Green Lantern', 'Mr. Popper's Penguins'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- NAGRA Teams With Cinema Buying Group-NATO For myCinema – CinemaCon
- ‘Song Of Back And Neck’ Tribeca First Look: Paul Lieberstein Makes Adjustment To Directing Movies
- Social Platform Atom Tickets Adds Harkins And Eight More Exhibitors
- Cannes Classics: Orson Welles Doc, ‘Bicycle Thieves’, ‘Big Blue’, ‘Grease’…
- Aviron Capital Backs Interactive Movie App Developer Kino Industries
- Pixar Animator Domee Shi Tackles Empty Nest Syndrome With ‘Incredibles 2’-Opening ‘Bao’…