FX announced today that it has picked up commercial TV rights to two more box-office biggies: Warner Bros’ Green Lantern and Fox’s Mr Popper’s Penguins, which finshed No. 1 and No. 3, respectively, in the domestic box office race this past weekend. FX last week acquired rights to J.J. Abrams’ Super 8, which finished No. 2 during its second frame for the weekend. The network has been busy buying up tentpole-type movies, already nabbing X-Men: First Class, The Hangover Part II, Tron: Legacy, The Green Hornet, The Roommate, Just Go With It, Rango, Battle: Los Angeles and Thor.
FX Adds To Tentpole Pile, Nabs Rights To 'Green Lantern', 'Mr. Popper's Penguins'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics – Sundance…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…