FX announced today that it has picked up commercial TV rights to two more box-office biggies: Warner Bros’ Green Lantern and Fox’s Mr Popper’s Penguins, which finshed No. 1 and No. 3, respectively, in the domestic box office race this past weekend. FX last week acquired rights to J.J. Abrams’ Super 8, which finished No. 2 during its second frame for the weekend. The network has been busy buying up tentpole-type movies, already nabbing X-Men: First Class, The Hangover Part II, Tron: Legacy, The Green Hornet, The Roommate, Just Go With It, Rango, Battle: Los Angeles and Thor.
FX Adds To Tentpole Pile, Nabs Rights To 'Green Lantern', 'Mr. Popper's Penguins'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts The…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Emma Thompson In Talks To Star In Director Richard Eyre’s ‘The Children Act’