FX is expanding its collection of box-office hits with the acquisition of J.J. Abrams/Steven Spielberg’s Super 8, which opened at No. 1 this past weekend with $36.4 million. The Bad Robot/Amblin/Paramount movie joins the two previous No. 1 box-office openers — X-Men: First Class and The Hangover Part II, which were also recently picked up by FX. All three will make their FX premieres in late 2013-early 2014. Because of Super 8‘s strong early performance, its license fee is expected to be close to 12% of its domestic box-office tally. In addition to Super 8, First Class and Hangover II, FX acquired a slew of other No. 1-opening movies this year: Disney’s Tron: Legacy, Sony’s The Green Hornet, Screen Gems’ The Roommate, Sony’s Just Go With It, Paramount’s animated Rango, Sony’s Battle: Los Angeles and Marvel’s Thor.
FX Acquires TV Rights To 'Super 8'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein — Tribeca…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’ — Full…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Yvonne Strahovski: “Women's Rights Are Human Rights” — Tribeca…
- Erin Moran: “We Did Our Best”, Says Child Actor Advocate Paul Petersen
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her
- Bill O’Reilly Sets Podcast Return For Monday