EXCLUSIVE: Child actor David Mazouz (Lifetime’s Amish Grace) has landed the younger lead opposite Kiefer Sutherland in the Fox drama pilot Touch. The project, which is considered a lock for a midseason series order, centers on Martin (Sutherland) who discovers that his genius son Jake (Mazouz) is communicating with him through a complex series of numbers and may even be able to predict events before they happen. Jake rarely shows emotion, refuses to be touched, and instead busies himself with cast-off cell phones, able to see the world with something akin to the eye of God, where every action, thought, breath is interconnected. Tim Kring wrote the script and is exec producing with Katherine Pope and Peter Chernin for 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment.
Fox's 'Touch' Casts Young Lead
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner