EXCLUSIVE: Child actor David Mazouz (Lifetime’s Amish Grace) has landed the younger lead opposite Kiefer Sutherland in the Fox drama pilot Touch. The project, which is considered a lock for a midseason series order, centers on Martin (Sutherland) who discovers that his genius son Jake (Mazouz) is communicating with him through a complex series of numbers and may even be able to predict events before they happen. Jake rarely shows emotion, refuses to be touched, and instead busies himself with cast-off cell phones, able to see the world with something akin to the eye of God, where every action, thought, breath is interconnected. Tim Kring wrote the script and is exec producing with Katherine Pope and Peter Chernin for 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment.
Fox's 'Touch' Casts Young Lead
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup