Just because the movies seem to be working this summer and the flood of deals at Cannes indicated that the appetite has returned to the acquisitions business, that doesn’t mean studios are immune to layoffs. Fox has become the fourth studio this week to lop staff. The studio has laid off 12 in home entertainment and 10 in IT. It’s described as a minor realignment that occurred mostly in the analytics group for Fox Home Entertainment and the IT group that supports them. Earlier this week, Paramount shuttered its worldwide acquisitions group under Matt Brodlie. Disney next week will lay off about 5% largely in the distribution area and a few other spots, while Lionsgate laid off less than 20 people as part of a reorganization affecting home entertainment and service areas.
Fox Lays Off 22 Staffers In Home Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'