Russell Crowe is in talks to play Jor-El in Man Of Steel, taking the cameo role of Superman’s father that was played by Marlon Brando in the Richard Donner-directed 1978 Superman. Kevin Costner plays Pa Kent, the earthbound patriarch of Clark Kent. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon are also starring. No deal yet, but Crowe brings presence to the film. Still waiting to see if he ends up making his directorial debut in 77, the David Matthews-scripted LAPD cop drama. Crowe, who last starred in The Next Three Days, most recently wrapped The Man With The Iron Fists. WME reps Crowe.
Forget Brando: Russell Crowe Could Be New Jor-El In 'Man Of Steel'
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest Film News
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”