Russell Crowe is in talks to play Jor-El in Man Of Steel, taking the cameo role of Superman’s father that was played by Marlon Brando in the Richard Donner-directed 1978 Superman. Kevin Costner plays Pa Kent, the earthbound patriarch of Clark Kent. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon are also starring. No deal yet, but Crowe brings presence to the film. Still waiting to see if he ends up making his directorial debut in 77, the David Matthews-scripted LAPD cop drama. Crowe, who last starred in The Next Three Days, most recently wrapped The Man With The Iron Fists. WME reps Crowe.
Forget Brando: Russell Crowe Could Be New Jor-El In 'Man Of Steel'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'