Russell Crowe is in talks to play Jor-El in Man Of Steel, taking the cameo role of Superman’s father that was played by Marlon Brando in the Richard Donner-directed 1978 Superman. Kevin Costner plays Pa Kent, the earthbound patriarch of Clark Kent. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon are also starring. No deal yet, but Crowe brings presence to the film. Still waiting to see if he ends up making his directorial debut in 77, the David Matthews-scripted LAPD cop drama. Crowe, who last starred in The Next Three Days, most recently wrapped The Man With The Iron Fists. WME reps Crowe.
Forget Brando: Russell Crowe Could Be New Jor-El In 'Man Of Steel'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
Latest Film News
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Gregg Allman, Pillar of Namesake Southern Rock Band, Dies at 69
- Harvey Weinstein Lauds Certain Regard Jury For Spotlight On Native American Issues In ‘Wind River’ – Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Wind River’s Taylor Sheridan, ‘A Man Of Integrity’, ‘April’s Daughter’ & More…
- A24 Hits The Festivals & The Oscars With Diverse Slate And Savvy Digital Marketing Strategy — Deadline Disruptors
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Says Ahoy To $86.5M – Int’l Box Office Update