Russell Crowe is in talks to play Jor-El in Man Of Steel, taking the cameo role of Superman’s father that was played by Marlon Brando in the Richard Donner-directed 1978 Superman. Kevin Costner plays Pa Kent, the earthbound patriarch of Clark Kent. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon are also starring. No deal yet, but Crowe brings presence to the film. Still waiting to see if he ends up making his directorial debut in 77, the David Matthews-scripted LAPD cop drama. Crowe, who last starred in The Next Three Days, most recently wrapped The Man With The Iron Fists. WME reps Crowe.
Forget Brando: Russell Crowe Could Be New Jor-El In 'Man Of Steel'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest Film News
- ‘The 13th’ Trailer: Ava DuVernay Docu Tackles Institutionalized Racism & Mass Incarceration
- Hollywood Rallies Behind Producer Gordon Gray & Family With CAA Call-A-Thon
- Disney’s ‘Zootopia’ Jumps Into Clinton-Trump Debate As Oscar & Presidential Campaigns Start To Merge
- Lakeith Stanfield Joins Jim Strouse’s New Comedy With Jessica Williams
- France Selects Paul Verhoeven’s ‘Elle’ As Foreign Language Oscar Submission
- Greg Shapiro Joins IM Global As President Of Feature Film Production