Russell Crowe is in talks to play Jor-El in Man Of Steel, taking the cameo role of Superman’s father that was played by Marlon Brando in the Richard Donner-directed 1978 Superman. Kevin Costner plays Pa Kent, the earthbound patriarch of Clark Kent. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon are also starring. No deal yet, but Crowe brings presence to the film. Still waiting to see if he ends up making his directorial debut in 77, the David Matthews-scripted LAPD cop drama. Crowe, who last starred in The Next Three Days, most recently wrapped The Man With The Iron Fists. WME reps Crowe.
Forget Brando: Russell Crowe Could Be New Jor-El In 'Man Of Steel'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Split' Scares In Solid $2M; 'Xander Cage' Takes $1.2M, 'The Founder' Gets $105K In Previews - Friday AM Box Office
Latest Film News
- Tim Story To Direct New Version Of ‘Shaft’ For New Line
- Brendan Gleeson Goes Outlaw In 'Trespass Against Us'; Madonna's Dancers 'Strike a Pose' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Split’ Scares In Solid $2M; ‘Xander Cage’ Takes $1.2M, ‘The Founder’ Gets $105K In Previews – Friday AM…
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’: Petition Urges Boycott Unless “Significant Portion” Of Proceeds Goes To Animal…
- Stephen Moyer To Helm ‘The Parting Glass’; Anna Paquin Stars
- Open Road Promotes Alexa Platt To CFO As Steven Andriuzzo Exits