EXCLUSIVE: After seeing his stock rise from starring in Fast Five, Dwayne Johnson is in talks to join another sequel. I’m told Johnson is in discussions with Paramount to join G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes. That’s the overhauled sequel that’ll be directed by Jon M. Chu, who helmed Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Johnson’s role is a character named Roadblock. I’m also hearing that Channing Tatum is a good bet to return. The picture has become an important one for Paramount, which will have to scratch the Star Trek sequel from its summer 2012 schedule and will likely put this film in its place. After Johnson helped boost The Fast and the Furious franchise (he’s also in talks to be part of the sixth film in that franchise), Paramount hopes he can help here as well. The studio had no comment. Developing…
Dwayne Johnson Circles 'G.I. Joe 2'; Channing Tatum Also Looking Good For Encore
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter