EXCLUSIVE: After seeing his stock rise from starring in Fast Five, Dwayne Johnson is in talks to join another sequel. I’m told Johnson is in discussions with Paramount to join G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes. That’s the overhauled sequel that’ll be directed by Jon M. Chu, who helmed Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Johnson’s role is a character named Roadblock. I’m also hearing that Channing Tatum is a good bet to return. The picture has become an important one for Paramount, which will have to scratch the Star Trek sequel from its summer 2012 schedule and will likely put this film in its place. After Johnson helped boost The Fast and the Furious franchise (he’s also in talks to be part of the sixth film in that franchise), Paramount hopes he can help here as well. The studio had no comment. Developing…
Dwayne Johnson Circles 'G.I. Joe 2'; Channing Tatum Also Looking Good For Encore
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation
- It's Official: Sony Scraps 'The Interview'
- Michael Stuhlbarg Joins Steve Jobs Pic
- Sony Scraps TV Advertising On 'The Interview'