EXCLUSIVE: After seeing his stock rise from starring in Fast Five, Dwayne Johnson is in talks to join another sequel. I’m told Johnson is in discussions with Paramount to join G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes. That’s the overhauled sequel that’ll be directed by Jon M. Chu, who helmed Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Johnson’s role is a character named Roadblock. I’m also hearing that Channing Tatum is a good bet to return. The picture has become an important one for Paramount, which will have to scratch the Star Trek sequel from its summer 2012 schedule and will likely put this film in its place. After Johnson helped boost The Fast and the Furious franchise (he’s also in talks to be part of the sixth film in that franchise), Paramount hopes he can help here as well. The studio had no comment. Developing…
Dwayne Johnson Circles 'G.I. Joe 2'; Channing Tatum Also Looking Good For Encore
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update