EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- “New” Michael Crichton Novel ‘Dragon Teeth’ Coming Out Next Year
- ‘Bad Moms’ Review: Perfect Movie For Moms To Ditch The Kids And Have Some Raunchy Fun
- Alcon Acquires Feature Film Pitch ‘Besties’ From ‘Lucifer’ Co-EP
- Thriller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus To…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars