EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Execs Katie Goodson-Thomas, Taylor Friedman
- Will Forte & Claudia O’Doherty Join Cast Of Irish Comedy ‘Extra Ordinary’
- NBCU Chief Steve Burke On NBC And Universal Pictures: “We Have The Cards”
- BFI Responds To Labour’s Damning Diversity Verdict And Call For Inclusion Riders With Film & TV Tax Relief
- Former Zodiak UK CEO Rod Henwood Joins ‘The Night Manager’ Producer The Ink Factory
- ‘Puzzle’ To Open Edinburgh Fest; Chen Kaige To Chair Macau Jury – Global Briefs