EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $91M; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $41M+
'Justice League' Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman, Cyborg; They Join Batman, Aquaman & The Flash - Update
Latest Film News
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update
- Richard A. Roth Dies: ‘Summer Of ’42’ Producer Was 76
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Posters: Tom Holland Slings Through New York
- ‘Queen of the Desert’ Trailer: Nicole Kidman Defies An Empire
- ‘Justice League’ Official Trailer Is Here, Minus A Red Cape