EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- ‘20th Century Women’ Trailer: Annette Bening’s Bohemian Maternal Facets
- ‘Fences’ Teaser Trailer: Denzel Washington & Viola Davis Enter Oscar Race
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers