EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Toronto Film Festival 2017 Unveils Strong Slate
- Danny Huston, Rosemarie Dewitt & More Join Johnny Depp In ‘Richard Says Goodbye’
- Venice Days Lineup Includes Works From Chloe Sevigny, Kim Nguyen & China’s Pengfei
- HBO, Russia’s Amedia Expand Deal; ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner Russell T. Davies To Be Honored At Edinburgh TV Fest…
- Anne Hathaway Circling ‘Barbie’ At Sony
- ‘The Marriage Pact’: Fox & Chernin Nab Rights To Upcoming Novel For Justin Haythe To Adapt