EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest Film News
- Lauren Holly To Star In Indie ‘Ultra Low’; Mollee Gray Set For ‘The Favorite’
- 'The Predator' Cast Photo: Sterling K. Brown, Olivia Munn & More Get Ready To Hunt Aliens
- ‘King Arthur: Legend of the Sword’ Trailer: Charlie Hunnam & Jude Law Go To War
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank? – Monday Update
- First Sarah Jones Safety Grant Awarded On Third Year Mark Of Her Death