EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Campus Rape Docu ‘The Hunting Ground’ Prompts He Said, She Said Dialogue Over On FSU Star Jameis Winston
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Netflix Make First-Look Deal For Documentaries
- How Warner Bros And Andrew Lazar Won War Photog Book Scrum
- Steve Martin To Take ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ With Ang Lee
- Fox Buys ‘Foxcatcher’ Co-Writer Dan Futterman Spec ‘A Shot In The Eye'; Matt Reeves Producing
- Skydance Gets Its Own Marketing Maven: Anne Globe Hired As CMO