EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Film News
- Nanette Fabray Dies: Stage And TV Comic Actress Was 97
- Netflix, Matt Reeves To Win Auction For Matthew Baker Futuristic Short Story ‘Life Sentence’
- Notes On The Season: Russian & Syrian Politics Invade The Oscars, But Will It Affect The Vote?; Pasek And Paul Put On A Show
- Octavia Spencer, Isabela Moner, Tig Notaro Cast In Paramount’s ‘Instant Family’ Comedy
- Three Questions: A Conversation With This Year’s Best Foreign Language Film Nominees
- Ed Sheeran Teases His Next Movie – Berlin