EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Vanessa Hudgens Added To Cast Of Ken Marino’s ‘Dog Days’
- Chevy Chase, Andie MacDowell, Richard Dreyfuss & More Topline Netflix Comedy Film ‘The Last Laugh’
- Elizabeth Banks Joins Anthony Mackie In Taylor Hackford-Helmed Signal Hill Scandal Pic
- Ruben Fleischer To Helm Buddy Cop Comedy With John Cena and Kumail Nanjiani
- Kyle MacLachlan Joins Amblin’s ‘The House With A Clock In Its Walls’
- ‘Mamma Mia!’: Andy Garcia Joins Cast Of Universal Sequel