EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
‘The Man In The High Castle’ EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
Latest Film News
- Simon Pegg, Mike Myers Join Feature Thriller ‘Terminal’
- Oscilloscope Acquires Cannes Critics’ Week Pic ‘One Week And A Day’; FilmRise Gets Dose Of ‘The Sunshine Makers…
- ‘Spider-Man’ Homecoming’ Scribes On Board For ‘Game Night’ At New Line
- All3Media Takes Stake In Caravan; Cannes Marché Hits Record – Briefs
- Burt Kwouk Dies: Actor Played Cato In Seven ‘Pink Panther’ Movies
- ‘Finding Dory’ Trailer: Forgetful Fish Makes New Friends At Marine Life Institute