EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu…
- The Orchard Promotes Paul Davidson To Exec VP
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services
- Will Ferrell Not “Pursuing” ‘Reagan’ Black List Film After All
- Marc Platt To Bring Sega’s ‘Shinobi’ To Big Screen
- Oscar-Winning Cinematographer Robert Richardson Inks With WME