EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Jessica Chastain Circling ‘It’ Sequel, Just As Team Muschietti Planned
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Case: Director Randall Miller Asks Court To Drop CA Supervision
- ‘Change In The Air’, Starring ‘Mrs. Maisel’s Rachel Brosnahan, Floats To Screen Media – Berlin
- Lionsgate’s Execs Erik Feig, Patrick Wachsberger Likely To Leave Motion Pictures Department
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules
- Bart & Fleming: One Of Us Has Oscar Vote And Is Reluctant To Cast It On A Netflix Film