EXCLUSIVE: A little over a week ago, Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures had made a deal for another comedy that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig would write, helm and produce with Judd Apatow. There was no title and the plot was under wraps. I’ve learned a little bit more. The unconventional love story is about a guy who becomes obsessed with a woman. The template for the guy is Jon Hamm, and the gal is Melissa McCarthy. While I’m cautioned there are no negotiations and it is all very early, it makes perfect sense that both of these thesps will be courted to star in this Feig-directed comedy. Mad Men‘s Hamm played a fabulously insensitive douchebag playboy in Bridesmaids. As for Mike & Molly star McCarthy, she stole every scene she was in, no easy feat in that strong ensemble cast. If Universal and Apatow aren’t figuring out ways to build comedies around McCarthy, they’re crazy.
Does Paul Feig/Judd Apatow Comedy Have 'Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy And Jon Hamm In Mind?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest Film News
- Focus Features Acquires Lenny Abrahamson’s ‘The Little Stranger’ – Cannes
- Dina Merrill Has Died At 93; American Heiress, ‘Butterfield 8’ Actress And Philanthropist Was Quintessence…
- Hollywood Remembers Roger Moore: “A Wonderful Actor & Lovely Man”
- Annabelle Wallis Tapped For ‘Tag’; Jeremy Renner, Ed Helms Comedy From New Line
- Roger Moore, Iconic James Bond Actor, Dies Aged 89
- Manchester Attack: Cannes Film Festival Holds Minute Of Silence & Cancels Fireworks; ‘Cars 3’ Event…