Disney Channel, who has built its business on scripted comedies and movies, is venturing into reality with PrankStars, a celebrity-driven hidden-camera series that sounds like CW’s upcoming H8R but with fans instead of haters. The series, whose premiere episode features Disney Channel stars Selena Gomez, Debby Ryan and Mitchel Musso, revolves around unsuspecting tweens and teens who are set up by family members and come face to face with their favorite celebrities “in unpredictable and humorous situations.” PrankStars, produced by Zoo Prods., premieres July 15. Barry Poznick (Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?), John Stevens (Lingo), Charles Steenveld (Family Game Night) and Rick de Oliveira (All-Star Celebrity Treasure Hunt) are exec producing.
Disney Channel Tests Unscripted Waters With Celebrity-Driven 'PrankStars'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…