Disney Channel, who has built its business on scripted comedies and movies, is venturing into reality with PrankStars, a celebrity-driven hidden-camera series that sounds like CW’s upcoming H8R but with fans instead of haters. The series, whose premiere episode features Disney Channel stars Selena Gomez, Debby Ryan and Mitchel Musso, revolves around unsuspecting tweens and teens who are set up by family members and come face to face with their favorite celebrities “in unpredictable and humorous situations.” PrankStars, produced by Zoo Prods., premieres July 15. Barry Poznick (Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?), John Stevens (Lingo), Charles Steenveld (Family Game Night) and Rick de Oliveira (All-Star Celebrity Treasure Hunt) are exec producing.
Disney Channel Tests Unscripted Waters With Celebrity-Driven 'PrankStars'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Ratings Rise On Another Encore Heavy Tuesday
- Judge Throws Out Racial Bias Suit Against Time Warmer, CNN & TBS
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Renewed For Season 3 By OWN As Ava DuVernay Inks First-Look Deal With Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo…
- Dan Rather: Donald Trump’s Boy Scout Jamboree Speech “Disgusting”
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Tells Boy Scouts Their Government Is Festering River Of Human Waste
- ‘Feud’ Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland’s Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX…