Disney Channel, who has built its business on scripted comedies and movies, is venturing into reality with PrankStars, a celebrity-driven hidden-camera series that sounds like CW’s upcoming H8R but with fans instead of haters. The series, whose premiere episode features Disney Channel stars Selena Gomez, Debby Ryan and Mitchel Musso, revolves around unsuspecting tweens and teens who are set up by family members and come face to face with their favorite celebrities “in unpredictable and humorous situations.” PrankStars, produced by Zoo Prods., premieres July 15. Barry Poznick (Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?), John Stevens (Lingo), Charles Steenveld (Family Game Night) and Rick de Oliveira (All-Star Celebrity Treasure Hunt) are exec producing.
Disney Channel Tests Unscripted Waters With Celebrity-Driven 'PrankStars'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Underground’: John Legend To Guest Star As Abolitionist Frederick Douglass In Season 2
- Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters Sell Series Projects To ABC, Freeform & Amazon
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Teaser Features Composer Angelo Badalamenti’s Theme Music
- How Paramount’s ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Hacked ‘Mr. Robot’s Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media…
- ‘Counterpart’: Olivia Williams & Harry Lloyd To Co-Star In Starz Drama Series
- ‘Notorious’ & ‘Pitch’ Hold Steady In Week 2 With No ‘TNF’ On CBS, ‘Grey’s…