Disney Channel, who has built its business on scripted comedies and movies, is venturing into reality with PrankStars, a celebrity-driven hidden-camera series that sounds like CW’s upcoming H8R but with fans instead of haters. The series, whose premiere episode features Disney Channel stars Selena Gomez, Debby Ryan and Mitchel Musso, revolves around unsuspecting tweens and teens who are set up by family members and come face to face with their favorite celebrities “in unpredictable and humorous situations.” PrankStars, produced by Zoo Prods., premieres July 15. Barry Poznick (Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?), John Stevens (Lingo), Charles Steenveld (Family Game Night) and Rick de Oliveira (All-Star Celebrity Treasure Hunt) are exec producing.
Disney Channel Tests Unscripted Waters With Celebrity-Driven 'PrankStars'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Joy Bryant To Co-Star In ABC Pilot ‘The Advocate’, Coby Bell Also Cast
- Chris Chalk Cast As Lucius Fox On ‘Gotham’
- Lauren Ambrose To Star In ABC’s ‘Broad Squad'; Michael Gaston, Others Also Cast
- Melanie Griffith To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot About Family With Genius Kids
- ‘Aquarius’ & ‘Hannibal’ Get Slotted As NBC Announces Summer Premiere Dates