Disney Channel, who has built its business on scripted comedies and movies, is venturing into reality with PrankStars, a celebrity-driven hidden-camera series that sounds like CW’s upcoming H8R but with fans instead of haters. The series, whose premiere episode features Disney Channel stars Selena Gomez, Debby Ryan and Mitchel Musso, revolves around unsuspecting tweens and teens who are set up by family members and come face to face with their favorite celebrities “in unpredictable and humorous situations.” PrankStars, produced by Zoo Prods., premieres July 15. Barry Poznick (Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?), John Stevens (Lingo), Charles Steenveld (Family Game Night) and Rick de Oliveira (All-Star Celebrity Treasure Hunt) are exec producing.
Disney Channel Tests Unscripted Waters With Celebrity-Driven 'PrankStars'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Mad About You’ Comedy Series Heads To China
- Sterling Jerins Joins HBO’s ‘Divorce’; Kirby Howell-Baptiste In ‘Downward Dog’ Pilot
- Jeff Zucker Says Change To CNN Report On Baltimore Cop Trial Corrected Mistake Of Context
- UTA Signs Viral Video Star Deva Dalporto
- Discovery Introduces App For TV Everywhere Streaming: Discovery Go
- TruTV Renews ‘Those Who Can’t’ Ahead Of Launch; Orders ‘Shady Neighbors’ Pilot