Darren Aronofsky, who is currently shopping Noah, his edgy re-telling of the Noah’s Ark story, has also come on board an HBO drama series project, which has been in development at the pay cable network for the past several months. Titled Hobgoblin, the drama is being written by the husband-and-wife duo of Michael Chabon and Ayelet Waldman and sounds like Inglourious Basterds with magicians. It revolves around a group of con men and magicians using their skills of deception to help defeat Hitler during World War II. Aronofsky is set to direct the potential pilot and executive produce with Chabon, Waldman, John Lesher and Adam Kassan. Aronofsky is the latest director to take a TV gig after a strong showing at the Oscars in the past couple of years. David Fincher, who was nominated alongside Aronofsky for best director this year, is doing House of Cards with Kevin Spacey, which landed at Netflix. And last year, Kathryn Bigelow followed her Oscar win for The Hurt Locker with a directing stint on the HBO pilot Miraculous Year. On the writing side, Alan Ball and Aaron Sorkin both segued from winning Oscars to creating an HBO series, Six Feet Under and More As This Story Develops, respectively.
Darren Aronofsky Joins Magic World War II Drama Series In Development At HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Dog Supplier & Handler Issues Statement As Tracking For Film Stalls; PETA Responds - Update
Latest TV News
- Can Sundance Love Save Sitcom ‘Downward Dog’ From Summer
- ‘Star’: Missy Elliott & Rickey Smiley To Guest Star On Lee Daniels’ Fox Series
- SAG Awards Presenters: Rashida Jones, Steven Yeun, ‘Stranger Things’ Cast & Others Join
- NBC Orders Virtual Reality Thriller Drama Pilot From ‘Extant’ Creator & Amblin TV
- Pilot Season 2017: How Many Pilots Is Each Network Ordering?
- Bill Maher Bags Record ‘Real Time’ Kickoff Numbers On Donald Trump Inauguration Day