Darren Aronofsky, who is currently shopping Noah, his edgy re-telling of the Noah’s Ark story, has also come on board an HBO drama series project, which has been in development at the pay cable network for the past several months. Titled Hobgoblin, the drama is being written by the husband-and-wife duo of Michael Chabon and Ayelet Waldman and sounds like Inglourious Basterds with magicians. It revolves around a group of con men and magicians using their skills of deception to help defeat Hitler during World War II. Aronofsky is set to direct the potential pilot and executive produce with Chabon, Waldman, John Lesher and Adam Kassan. Aronofsky is the latest director to take a TV gig after a strong showing at the Oscars in the past couple of years. David Fincher, who was nominated alongside Aronofsky for best director this year, is doing House of Cards with Kevin Spacey, which landed at Netflix. And last year, Kathryn Bigelow followed her Oscar win for The Hurt Locker with a directing stint on the HBO pilot Miraculous Year. On the writing side, Alan Ball and Aaron Sorkin both segued from winning Oscars to creating an HBO series, Six Feet Under and More As This Story Develops, respectively.
Darren Aronofsky Joins Magic World War II Drama Series In Development At HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- Netflix And DreamWorks Animation TV Reveal Six New Series Including ‘Trolls’, ‘She-Ra’
- Nick Stoller Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures Television
- Viceland Ups Catherine Whyte & Meghan Kirsch
- NBC Developing ‘Natural History’ Museum Comedy From Chris Hardwick & David X. Cohen
- Michael Apted To Get DGA Honorary Life Member Award
- ‘Sesame Street’ Sets Ben Lehmann As Executive Producer