It won’t be a good day on the Disney lot. Today, the studio will tell just under 200 staffers that they are being laid off. Deadline told you this was coming, as part of a restructuring effort, with most of those layoffs coming in theatrical and home video distribution. The fact that Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides just crossed the $900 million mark in worldwide gross doesn’t change that studio brass felt a restructuring was needed. Fox, Paramount and Lionsgate have also been streamlining their operations and laying off staff as well.
D-Day For 200 Disney Layoffs In Distribution Even Though 'Pirates Of Caribbean' Passes $900M
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
Latest Film News
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Red Sea’ Rises In China – International…
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…