After launching two sports news shows this year, Comedy Central is not continuing with either. The cable network has decided not to go forward with a second season of Sports Show With Norm Macdonald, which ended its freshman season June 7, or Onion SportsDome, which wrapped its first season March 15. Onion SportsDome premiered with 1.5 million viewers, Sports Show With Norm Macdonald with 1 million, both airing behind Comedy Central’s top-rated series Tosh.0. Jon Benjamin Has a Van, which succeeded them in the slot, opened with 1.16 million last Tuesday. For the Onion, this was one of two branded series that launched in the past few months. The other, Onion News Network on IFC, has been renewed for a second season.
Comedy Central Cancels 'Sports Show With Norm Macdonald' And 'Onion SportsDome'
What's Hot on Deadline
Rashida Jones Praises Netflix For Backing "Risky" 'Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On' Docuseries - Sundance Studio
Latest TV News
- Fox News Channel Covers Donald Trump’s First Full Week In White House With Thinned Contributor Herd
- ‘Greenleaf’ Season 2 Gets Spring Premiere Date On OWN
- ‘Teachers’ Season 2 Premiere Breaks Ratings Records For TV Land In Live+3
- ESPN’s Bob Ley & Jeremy Schaap Get Larger Roles As ‘Outside The Lines’ & ‘E:60’ Expand; ‘Sports Reporters…
- ‘Hunted’ Off To Solid Ratings Start Following AFC Championship On CBS
- ‘Entertainment Tonight’ Producer Bonnie Tiegel Dies