After launching two sports news shows this year, Comedy Central is not continuing with either. The cable network has decided not to go forward with a second season of Sports Show With Norm Macdonald, which ended its freshman season June 7, or Onion SportsDome, which wrapped its first season March 15. Onion SportsDome premiered with 1.5 million viewers, Sports Show With Norm Macdonald with 1 million, both airing behind Comedy Central’s top-rated series Tosh.0. Jon Benjamin Has a Van, which succeeded them in the slot, opened with 1.16 million last Tuesday. For the Onion, this was one of two branded series that launched in the past few months. The other, Onion News Network on IFC, has been renewed for a second season.
Comedy Central Cancels 'Sports Show With Norm Macdonald' And 'Onion SportsDome'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Caucus For Producers, Writers & Directors Unveils Honorees & Nominees
- Ron Livingston To Star In Peter Farrelly Comedy Series 'Loudermilk' On Audience
- ‘This Is Us’ Has Strong Week 2 Retention, ‘Bull’ Also Solid, ‘NCIS: NO’ Eyes Uptick
- NBC Buys ‘Mail Order Family’ Comedy From ‘Superstore’ Trio
- W. Kamau Bell’s ‘United Shades of America’ Lands Season 2 Order From CNN
- Peter Berg’s ‘The Warfighters’ Gets Veterans Day Premiere On History