After launching two sports news shows this year, Comedy Central is not continuing with either. The cable network has decided not to go forward with a second season of Sports Show With Norm Macdonald, which ended its freshman season June 7, or Onion SportsDome, which wrapped its first season March 15. Onion SportsDome premiered with 1.5 million viewers, Sports Show With Norm Macdonald with 1 million, both airing behind Comedy Central’s top-rated series Tosh.0. Jon Benjamin Has a Van, which succeeded them in the slot, opened with 1.16 million last Tuesday. For the Onion, this was one of two branded series that launched in the past few months. The other, Onion News Network on IFC, has been renewed for a second season.
Comedy Central Cancels 'Sports Show With Norm Macdonald' And 'Onion SportsDome'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Beyond' Dips Below $60M; 'Lights Out' Electrifies; 'Ice Age' Bit By 'Pets' -- Box Office Sat. AM
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Latest TV News
- Los Angeles Area Emmys: NBC4 Leads With 8 Wins; KMEX, KVEA & Time Warner Cable SportsNet L.A. Follow With 5 Each
- ‘Conan’ Returning To Comic-Con In 2017
- Lee Majors Makes His Comic-Con Debut At ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Panel
- ‘Arrow’ Season 5: Evelyn Sharp & Wild Dog First Look – Comic-Con
- Doctor Alchemy Unveiled In ‘The Flash’ Season 3 Trailer- Comic-Con
- ‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’: Matt Letscher Joins Cast; Obsidian, Stargirl & Dr. Mid-Nite Coming In Season 2…