After launching two sports news shows this year, Comedy Central is not continuing with either. The cable network has decided not to go forward with a second season of Sports Show With Norm Macdonald, which ended its freshman season June 7, or Onion SportsDome, which wrapped its first season March 15. Onion SportsDome premiered with 1.5 million viewers, Sports Show With Norm Macdonald with 1 million, both airing behind Comedy Central’s top-rated series Tosh.0. Jon Benjamin Has a Van, which succeeded them in the slot, opened with 1.16 million last Tuesday. For the Onion, this was one of two branded series that launched in the past few months. The other, Onion News Network on IFC, has been renewed for a second season.
Comedy Central Cancels 'Sports Show With Norm Macdonald' And 'Onion SportsDome'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump: “I Have Proof” Dem Rep “Fabricated” His Words To Soldier’s Widow
- Critical Content Takes Stake In UK’s Renowned Films – Mipcom
- ‘Skam’: Facebook Watch Orders U.S. Version Of Norwegian Teen Hit – Mipcom
- Nielsen Beefs Up SVOD Ratings, Says NBCU, Disney-ABC, A+E And Five Other Content Players Are On Board
- Eurosport Teams With Snap In Olympics Content Partnership – Mipcom
- David Letterman Tells Jimmy Kimmel His Side Of Conan Story About Crazy Horse