After launching two sports news shows this year, Comedy Central is not continuing with either. The cable network has decided not to go forward with a second season of Sports Show With Norm Macdonald, which ended its freshman season June 7, or Onion SportsDome, which wrapped its first season March 15. Onion SportsDome premiered with 1.5 million viewers, Sports Show With Norm Macdonald with 1 million, both airing behind Comedy Central’s top-rated series Tosh.0. Jon Benjamin Has a Van, which succeeded them in the slot, opened with 1.16 million last Tuesday. For the Onion, this was one of two branded series that launched in the past few months. The other, Onion News Network on IFC, has been renewed for a second season.
Comedy Central Cancels 'Sports Show With Norm Macdonald' And 'Onion SportsDome'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Dawn Of Digital-Era Series Returns With Way More Ram
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess
- Josh Meyers Upped To Series Regular On ‘Red Oaks’
- Rick Santorum Announces Candidacy To ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos
- Randy Jackson Inks Overall Producing Deal With Endemol Shine North America
- YouTube’s ‘The Gorburger Show’ Moving To TV With HBO Pilot Order