After launching two sports news shows this year, Comedy Central is not continuing with either. The cable network has decided not to go forward with a second season of Sports Show With Norm Macdonald, which ended its freshman season June 7, or Onion SportsDome, which wrapped its first season March 15. Onion SportsDome premiered with 1.5 million viewers, Sports Show With Norm Macdonald with 1 million, both airing behind Comedy Central’s top-rated series Tosh.0. Jon Benjamin Has a Van, which succeeded them in the slot, opened with 1.16 million last Tuesday. For the Onion, this was one of two branded series that launched in the past few months. The other, Onion News Network on IFC, has been renewed for a second season.
Comedy Central Cancels 'Sports Show With Norm Macdonald' And 'Onion SportsDome'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $26.5M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Friday
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $16M - Friday Matinees
Latest TV News
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Boy Meets ‘Girl Meets World’ In Massive ‘Boy Meets World’ Cast Reunion Photo
- ABC Discovers’ Digital Talent Competition Announces Winner
- Howard Dean: Donald Trump Is Our Brexit – TCA
- ‘Superior Donuts’: Darien Sills-Evans & Anna Baryshnikov Cast In New CBS Pilot
- HBO Orders New Alan Ball Series, Extends Overall Deal With ‘Six Feet Under’ Creator