After launching two sports news shows this year, Comedy Central is not continuing with either. The cable network has decided not to go forward with a second season of Sports Show With Norm Macdonald, which ended its freshman season June 7, or Onion SportsDome, which wrapped its first season March 15. Onion SportsDome premiered with 1.5 million viewers, Sports Show With Norm Macdonald with 1 million, both airing behind Comedy Central’s top-rated series Tosh.0. Jon Benjamin Has a Van, which succeeded them in the slot, opened with 1.16 million last Tuesday. For the Onion, this was one of two branded series that launched in the past few months. The other, Onion News Network on IFC, has been renewed for a second season.
Comedy Central Cancels 'Sports Show With Norm Macdonald' And 'Onion SportsDome'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Latest TV News
- Ridley Scott’s ‘The Terror’ Goes Global After Amazon Strikes Output Deal with AMC Studios
- Entertainment One’s Carrie Stein Joins Kew Media Group To Bolster Drama Slate
- Tig Notaro On Louis C.K. Scandal: The Only Positive Is “Victims Were Not Told They’re Lying”
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors