After launching two sports news shows this year, Comedy Central is not continuing with either. The cable network has decided not to go forward with a second season of Sports Show With Norm Macdonald, which ended its freshman season June 7, or Onion SportsDome, which wrapped its first season March 15. Onion SportsDome premiered with 1.5 million viewers, Sports Show With Norm Macdonald with 1 million, both airing behind Comedy Central’s top-rated series Tosh.0. Jon Benjamin Has a Van, which succeeded them in the slot, opened with 1.16 million last Tuesday. For the Onion, this was one of two branded series that launched in the past few months. The other, Onion News Network on IFC, has been renewed for a second season.
Comedy Central Cancels 'Sports Show With Norm Macdonald' And 'Onion SportsDome'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- It’s Raining Paul Shaffer’s Greatist Hits, As Dave Letterman Ponders Grand Finale
- Bill Maher Not Buying What Judith Miller Selling On ‘Real Time’
- #8216;Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’