After launching two sports news shows this year, Comedy Central is not continuing with either. The cable network has decided not to go forward with a second season of Sports Show With Norm Macdonald, which ended its freshman season June 7, or Onion SportsDome, which wrapped its first season March 15. Onion SportsDome premiered with 1.5 million viewers, Sports Show With Norm Macdonald with 1 million, both airing behind Comedy Central’s top-rated series Tosh.0. Jon Benjamin Has a Van, which succeeded them in the slot, opened with 1.16 million last Tuesday. For the Onion, this was one of two branded series that launched in the past few months. The other, Onion News Network on IFC, has been renewed for a second season.
Comedy Central Cancels 'Sports Show With Norm Macdonald' And 'Onion SportsDome'
What's Hot on Deadline
Margot Robbie To Produce Female-Focused Shakespearean Drama Series With 'Secrets & Lies' Producer & ABC Studios Int'l
Latest TV News
- Police Shooting Protest Delays NBA Hawks-Kings Game – Fans Turned Away
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Spinoff ‘Station 19’: How Creator Stacy McKee Is Stoking The Fire
- “Frivolous” AMC Ripped In ‘Walking Dead’ Suit By CAA & Frank Darabont, Again
- NBC's Diverse Late Night Writers Program Names 2018 Class
- Margot Robbie To Produce Female-Focused Shakespearean Drama Series With ‘Secrets & Lies’ Producer & ABC…
- DOJ’s Lead Witness Against AT&T Knocks Time Warner Deal But Gets Grilled: “You Should Have Done Some Homework”…